Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok folks...

Welcome back! Sorry for the downtime, we did a bunch of system upgrades, and while I am still working (and will be late into the night) I have turned the site back on for use by you our members. :)

Currently the SEARCH function is not working correctly, I am rebuilding the search index which will take all night, so the number of results you might get when seaching might be low until its finished.

All other portions of the system should be functioning normally. If you find something strange please report it here.

Thanks again for your patience and thanks again for being SatelliteGuys (and Gals!) :D :D

Scott is doing a major upgrade to the forum software. The search indexing needs to rebuild, no problem inparticular.

The reindexing of the search engine should be done a few times a year. This is the first time I have did it this year. :)

So far we have reindexed over 280,000 of the 1.4 MILLION messages posted here to SatelliteGuys. As I said this is going to take all night. :D

I was going to use the "countdown" feature and noticed its not available to me.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 171
Will it be able to handle searches containing one or more words less than three characters?

Apparently I can't post any messages without allowing "yahooapis.com" to run scripts on my computer. What's that all about?

The new vBulletin software uses a editor from Yahoo which is hosted on Yahoo, this means everytime someone posts a message the editor program java is downloaded from Yahoo instead of from our server, thus saving us bandwidth.

It can be changed so that its downloaded from our server, however I want to try this for a few days to see if it makes a difference on the server bandwidth. (and speeds things up)

At the moment its hard to tell with the server intensive search engine reindexing going on it its helping or not, which is why I want to run it a few days to see how it goes. :D

Ok we are now over 500,000 in the reindex. Still a million posts to go. :)

After being off from work for the past two weeks I got to be up at 6am for work, so I am off to bed. The reindexing will continue into the night. :)

Good night everyone and thanks again for being SatelliteGuys!

Gotcha. I might suggest letting users of FireFox who use the NoScript extension know to allow that script if they're having trouble posting then. :)

Ok the reindex has just completed (around 12 hours after it started) :)

All search features should now be fully functioning. :)

Will it be able to handle searches containing one or more words less than three characters?

I answered my own question. Three character words are fine now. Two character words are ignored even if part ofa longer string.

I'm having problems getting quick post and edit post to work. It just seems to hang forever with the rotating daisy icon.

new post and quick links problems in drop down menu in classic and new

always get 2 clicks then always says wait 10 sec and try again

worked fine before update last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)