Please reply by conversation.

AndyYankee17

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
Cape Cod, MA
I'm using an HR22-100.

record a movie on HD movie net.

try to watch it "searching for authorized content".

realize I don't have HD movie net.

buy HD movie net

try to watch movie (Full Metal Jacket, btw :)).

"searching for authorized content" :mad:

anyhelp?

I thought that when you try to watch a recorded show it determines at play time (not record time) whether or not you're allowed to watch it, what gives?:confused:

I'm using an HR22-100.

record a movie on HD movie net.

try to watch it "searching for authorized content".

realize I don't have HD movie net.

buy HD movie net

try to watch movie (Full Metal Jacket, btw :)).

"searching for authorized content" :mad:

anyhelp?

I thought that when you try to watch a recorded show it determines at play time (not record time) whether or not you're allowed to watch it, what gives?:confused:

It sounds like you may have alignment issues. What are your signals strengths on all of the sats?

I'm assuming you don't want all 3 sats, on both tuners?

they're around 85-90 no 0's or any think below 80, maybe one transponder was 76

I'm assuming you don't want all 3 sats, on both tuners?

they're around 85-90 no 0's or any think below 80, maybe one transponder was 76

Did you check the 99 and 103 sat? They are the two that carry the hd channels.

the problem isn't tuning it, the problem's watching a pre recorded version, one that was recorded when I didn't own the channel.

either way, I deleted it and scheduled a new recording of it, if this doesn't work I'm chalking it up to DRM. Does anybody if some programs will restrict viewing because of DRM? I mean other than PPV

the problem isn't tuning it, the problem's watching a pre recorded version, one that was recorded when I didn't own the channel.

either way, I deleted it and scheduled a new recording of it, if this doesn't work I'm chalking it up to DRM. Does anybody if some programs will restrict viewing because of DRM? I mean other than PPV

I don't believe it will have recorded if you didn't own the channel. PPV is the only thing to my knowledge that you can record before purchasing, decide to purchase, and then view.

The reason you are getting the searching for authorized content is because if you were watching live tv you would have gotten a chanel not purchased (721) but when you record a 721 you get the authorized content error essage. Buying the channel will not change what you have alredy recorded but if you bought the channel now and record the movie again when it comes back on it will work fine for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)