Searching for Satilite Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Searching for Service

• Service problems

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • DVR problems

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snooz69

Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Dallas
We upgraded to our new HD service which was installed on 12-06-08. On 12-20-08 my wife and I went to the grocery store at approxiamtly 12:30 pm. We left the DVR722 on and cut the TV(s) off. On our return at approx 3:30 pm we cut on the TV to find the screen had the infamous "Searching for Satilite Error box. The weather was clear skies about 50 degrees. We thought that maybe the power went off and the DVR was resetting. We went about our business and noticed that after about ten minutes nothing had happened. I tried resetting by the power button (Holding it in for a few seconds) but it reloaded to the same "searching" screen.

We called Dish Network and went through the tests they asked but did not fix the problem. At this point the Dish lady said it would be Monday before anyone could come out. To us that was not and option, but Dish stuck to their procedures and did nothing to help.

Keep in mind that we upgraded and still had two S D sets hooked up in a different rooms on a 111 reciever. I went and turned it on and it worked just fine. So we called back & supposably we got a REAL tech and explained that all the other TV's on the 111 recievers were working just fine but the two on the 722 were not. He told us to go through the tests and we did and it did not fix anything he said he could not help either and we would have to wait till Monday for and service person.

Now here is where it gets interesting..... I decided to use a spitter and run a line from one of the other sets to the living area TV and bypass the 722 till Monday. When I got ready to hook up the cable to the back of the set I noticed that the "Seaching for Satilite" screen was NOW downloading & all of a sudden both sets on the 722 started working. After about five hours of calling and arguing with Dish it fixed itself OR DID IT? Could have Dish send a "Hit" down to fix the problem?

Anyone else experianced this problem

Why is this a poll?

Yes, I have seen this with the 622/722. It gets confused and requires a hard reset. I would assume that after you did the check switch and turned it off for awhile, it figured it out. It doesn't happen often, but you will see it occassionally.

In the future, just unplug tyhe box for ten seconds. It should do the hard reset when it comes back up.

I don't know why I guess I hit the wrong thing. Sorry

Yes I did a hard reset a couple of times but it didn't help. How many times does this normally happen?

Very possibly a loose fitting or a small piece of shield braid inside the fitting that was shorting it out and causing problem. Maybe when you wiggled it it got better. These kind of problems are impossible to deduce over the phone. Csrs will replace receivers rather that ask you to check the fittings. I shine my pen lite inside the fitting when i'm tracking down a signal problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)