searching the external hard drive for specific content

temesgen

Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
I have a 750 gig external hard drive connected to my 622 and it is really painful searching thru over 350 programs on the drive to get to content. Is there any sort of a quick search feature which would allow me to seach for specific content by name?

I could probably even tolerate a similare interface to what the internal hard drive offers in terms of allowing you to organize by groups. The external drive appears to simply list everything in sequence which makes finding a program that starts with anything other than the letter "a" very long a painful if you have a decent amount of content on the drive.

TIA

You can use only 2 of the ordering options with the EHD: by name and by record date. To change the choice go to the internal program list (DVR, DVR) and select a sort to choose one of these, then the other, you can Swap back and forth after you have selected those two. Then go back to the EHD with the desired one set. (I use DVR DVR 4 1 or the USB Storage choice.) The EHD list will be sorted by the same choice as the internal--too bad that swap does not work directly on the EHD list.
Sorry but groups do not work on the EHD but maybe soon--it sure would help with series. Helpful for series would be a sort by episode number or original date after grouping by name.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)