Searching

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
We have a 612 in the basement rec room, since the two olders have gone off to college(as of 8/22/09) the set gets little if any use. They are coming for Christmas along with a couple of thier friends that have just left Iraq. I was down stairs cleaning up, painting (since it is now an empty space) so I turned the set on. It will get the local channels but if I change channels to say HBO it says it needs to aquire a signal which it never does. I know that when we added an addition to the house and we had cable, one of the boxes was off for 3-4 months and needed to be "hit" to work again. I am wondering if this is the same case with E* since it hasn't been used in such a long time. The other 612 and 2 211K's work fine. Yes I have rebooted it a few times

Has it every worked correctly down there?

What does it say when you run a check switch? menu 6 1 1 (and then actually run the check switch).

Forgot to read exactly what it said I'll run one again, and yes it work fine while the older kids were here but as I said it;s been off for months

OK, well if it worked before that is good as it is probably just glitch. Let us know what the checkswitch matrix says and we'll go from there.

After another reboot and check switch all channels are there but on screen guides, menus and such are very slow to respond, ie: if you are in the guide to see what is on a channel and you scroll up or down the responce may be instant or it takes a few seconds before moving up or down on the guide almost as if you have to double click as on a mouse, think the 612 maybe fading out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)