SEC FOOTBALL ON PEACHTREE TV THIS FALL

gatekeeper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
I have been watching the ATLANTA BRAVES this year on Peachtree tv care of the dish alternate sports channels.I saw an advertisement that SEC FOOTBALL will be coming this fall.One game they advertised was with the GA bulldogs.I sure wish Dish could get this on an alternate hd sport channel this fall.It would be sweet:):):)

WPCH (Peachtree TV) will be the local SEC Network affiliate for the Atlanta TV market. If you live in a different market, those games could be on a local channel (depending on where you live). They'll also be carried on various RSNs.

You should have a local channel carrying the same early SEC game. CW 21 is my local in Birmingham and will now be able to watch it in HD on Direct.

You would think with the many locals being launched WTTO HD will be in there somewhere. Also the PBS HD. HOPefully by the end of the year.

Yea I hope so.Maybe with the new satellite launch recently it will happen soon......

I sure wish Dish could get this on an alternate hd sport channel this fall.It would be sweet:):):)

Will not happen.

Peachtree TV is really just a local station in Atlanta, WPCH. Its included in the local packages in the Atlanta market.

Now, the Braves, uniquely in baseball, sell some of their local games in a manner where that local station (WPCH, channel 17) has them available for "free" in Atlanta, and then to cable systems and DBS in the rest of the Braves territory for a fee. When you see "Peachtree TV" on any system outside Atlanta, your provider has paid the Braves for those games.

Everything else on WPCH is just for Atlanta. It is carrying the SEC syndication package, for Atlanta. The SEC syndication package is on other local stations and RSNs in other places, and will be a part of ESPN Game Plan in the non-SEC part of the country.

Here is a list of the SEC Network stations:

University of Tennessee Athletics Multimedia

DVR scheduler application optimized for iPAD

Wiring issue for VIP 612 HD picture in an adjacent room

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts