SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DirecTV doesn't have the SEC network and there's no sign that it's coming. One thing I always told folks shopping for satellite TV is that you never, ever, ever, buy a system based on promises. When DirecTV gets it, call me. Oh wait, I'll be in contract with Dish because DirecTV dragged its heels.

There's also a little something called the Pac12 Network as well. You know the one...the one DirecTV won't even consider.

And regardless of how you feel about The University of Texas at Austin, it's legitimate programming. There's football there that won't be anywhere else. And for those that do follow that university, a whole lot more.

BTW, nothing on satellite, with the exception of ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, their Spanish counterparts and a couple of others...is a "network", regardless of what they call themselves. You have to have these things called broadcast stations to be a true network. Sorry, Oprah.

Look, there's a lot about DirecTV that I like, from some of the more interesting channels to the unsurpassed HD video quality. But for those of us who like college football the grass is greener somewhere else...and is turning brown here.

DirecTV doesn't have the SEC network and there's no sign that it's coming. One thing I always told folks shopping for satellite TV is that you never, ever, ever, buy a system based on promises. When DirecTV gets it, call me. Oh wait, I'll be in contract with Dish because DirecTV dragged its heels.

There's also a little something called the Pac12 Network as well. You know the one...the one DirecTV won't even consider.

And regardless of how you feel about The University of Texas at Austin, it's legitimate programming. There's football there that won't be anywhere else. And for those that do follow that university, a whole lot more.

BTW, nothing on satellite, with the exception of ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, their Spanish counterparts and a couple of others...is a "network", regardless of what they call themselves. You have to have these things called broadcast stations to be a true network. Sorry, Oprah.

Look, there's a lot about DirecTV that I like, from some of the more interesting channels to the unsurpassed HD video quality. But for those of us who like college football the grass is greener somewhere else...and is turning brown here.
One persons opinion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Btw, what happened to watching your teams on D* when theyre wasn't the DEMAND of having to have a SPECIAL Network to do so.

As for the Pac 8/12, I have never missed a Pac 12 game I wanted, they were ALWAYS on the Sports Pack, whether you wanted them or not. They could still be there, but NO, they had to decide to DEMAND to be on thier ON network, they wern't happy being on every week without.

Your patience is ridiculously poor.

I'm gonna go to the other guys UNLESS ...... blah, blah, blah ...
If D* gets the SEC and whatever other channels your demanding before your self imposed Leaving date, you won't stay anyways.

You've already decided to leave and just want to make your point, and thats fine, but your really not the one thats going to make D* change thier mind ....

Btw, don't want to hear you cry when DISH doesn't re up on that channel you changed providers over.
They WILL be without a channel or 3 that people will want, maybe it will be back after being off the air for a while, maybe not.

Btw, you pointed out what you tell everyone about choosing a provider, so I will too.

I tell people to chose according to the programming available ... that is the main reason to chose.

Normally when people come in the D* thread and complain about a channel or two and threaten to leave, they have already made up thier mind.
For some reason they decide to rant before they leave, no ones holding you back, if you want to go, go.

I'm sick of these college sports networks, and all the single team networks developing in pro sports. Pretty soon every pro team will have its own network, and every college conference. It's all about money, and personally I don't want to pay. A big piece of EVERYONE'S monthly payment is for sports - ESPN, local RSNs etc - even if they never watch any of it. But we know letting people opt out of sports will not happen....

Peoples in the southeast will cancelled their service if the sec channel is not adding.

Peoples in the southeast will cancelled their service if the sec channel is not adding.

They are already starting. D* can survive without Pac12 but they will regret not having SEC.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It will hurt sports bars in the southeast as much or more than it will anyone else, and I could see them (D*) losing some business accounts if they do not have it. I already know of a few in town that will be changing over closer to kickoff if it is not signed. They can not afford not to.

They are already starting. D* can survive without Pac12 but they will regret not having SEC.

:blah
That's what everyone always says, like everyone subscribes to whatever provider doesn't have whatever supposedly must have channel is currently missing. In the overall picture they will lose a few subs, but not many in relation to their overall sub base.

Reactions: Jimbo
It will hurt sports bars in the southeast as much or more than it will anyone else, and I could see them (D*) losing some business accounts if they do not have it. I already know of a few in town that will be changing over closer to kickoff if it is not signed. They can not afford not to.
This is the SEC's fault in the long run, they were shown on EVERY Saturday on National TV and then a few others as well, you couldn't get away from the SEC games if you wanted, now they have an agreement with espn as well, you'll never get away from them now ....
Dom they really NEED an sec network when they are on the Tube constantly anyways ?

:blah
That's what everyone always says, like everyone subscribes to whatever provider doesn't have whatever supposedly must have channel is currently missing. In the overall picture they will lose a few subs, but not many in relation to their overall sub base.
And those that leave will flock back once D* does turn it on.

I can understand that, but jumping months ahead, when they think D* won't have it are ridiculous.

THIS WILL D BITE IN THE BUTT IF THEY DON'T CARRY SEC CHANNEL.
Yup, just like all the other channels they don't have that people want .... yup, they got bit in the butt and still have over 2 million subs .... where did all these that left go, the numbers still show the same.

The SEC is not the same animal as the Dodgers, Phillies, or even Pac12. I truly believe that SEC will be on Directv. It will KILL them without it. Especially business accounts, as others have mentioned. Can you imagine a bar in the southeast without XX xs XX SEC game? It would be pointless to even open.

Reactions: bwaldron
I think it probably will be also....but I wonder when this sports channel madness will stop???

This is the SEC's fault in the long run, they were shown on EVERY Saturday on National TV and then a few others as well, you couldn't get away from the SEC games if you wanted, now they have an agreement with espn as well, you'll never get away from them now ....
Dom they really NEED an sec network when they are on the Tube constantly anyways ?

These conference networks aren't built to show marquee games. They will put some interesting games just to generate viewers but most will be lower tier games I.E. Vandy vs Miss State.

The same is true for the B1G. You will never see Mich vs Ohio St on the B1G network.

This is a ESPN network. ESPN has the right to put any game they have the rights to on any of it's network.
I see them putting good games on early to entice cable/satellite providers. ESPN has stated this many times.

These conference networks aren't built to show marquee games. They will put some interesting games just to generate viewers but most will be lower tier games I.E. Vandy vs Miss State.

The same is true for the B1G. You will never see Mich vs Ohio St on the B1G network.
Correct .... thats why I don't see what the big outcry is all about, those that follow the major teams (sec fan thinks the whole conference is Major) will still see thier games where they always have.

This is a ESPN network. ESPN has the right to put any game they have the rights to on any of it's network.
I see them putting good games on early to entice cable/satellite providers. ESPN has stated this many times.

Doubtful ...
The more than likely will go by the same set up the Big10 made successful.... Every team will be on the network at least 2 times a year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)