SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There's a lot of people saying they have switched or will switch TV providers because of this. With my luck if I did switch direct would get the SEC Network the next day hell I just switched from Dish about 4 or 5 months ago.

sports business journal reports that both dtv and time warner are close to completing a deal. and no i won't switch. i have both bright house cable and directv. there's only dish network and i'm not sure i would switch to them. although, i am keeping it as an option. i personally believe an announcement will be made no later than august 1. but that's my instinct.

Last edited:
Reactions: whitewolf8214
Tick, Tock... DirecTV it's your turn to get the SEC Network. Comcast has it now.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...7/sec-network-reaches-deal-with-comcast-cable

I have to believe in the next couple of weeks we'll hear a major announcement. DirecTV can't be stupid enough to let a boatload of customers go away.
Don't get your panties in a bunch, theres still about 3 weeks till it even launches.

What purpose would it make to have a banner on the screen saying sec channel when theres nothing on anyway. .

Don't get your panties in a bunch, theres still about 3 weeks till it even launches.

What purpose would it make to have a banner on the screen saying sec channel when theres nothing on anyway. .

not anything until aug 28 with the south carolina-texas a&m game.

I think you guys are missing the point. SOME people (I know Congress is excluded) do not want to wait until the last minute to do things in life, whether it is pay taxes, bills, etc. Same thing goes for switching providers. The longer DirecTV strings this out to pinch a penny, the more risk they take for losing customers who want to schedule another provider for an install.

Besides, we all know DirecTV keeps raising the rates anyhow. What makes you think last minute negotiations are really going to make all that much of a difference in those hellish price hikes to prevent that many cord cutters?

Make the deal. Get it done. Stop screwing around.

Yawn...

I'm not a procrastinator by any means, I'm a planner, but switching a provider over 1 stupid channel that hasnt even launched is ridiculous. Your post tries to make it sound like it's normal to do so, but it really isn't. You also assume this has to do with penny pinching, when there is a lot more going on here (WatchESPN rights). Just take a pill, or switch.

This thread is like watching a movie, then a few pages later seeing the sequel.

The sec fans clamor for the channel and say they will leave if they don't get it. Some sooner than others.

The non sec fans (or sec first) say you're jumping the gun and it's ridiculous to leave over one channel.

The sec fans clamor for the channel and say they will leave if they don't get it. Some sooner than others.

The non sec fans (or sec first) say you're jumping the gun and it's ridiculous to leave over one channel.
Isn't it fun !

Reactions: raoul5788
I saw last night were DirecTV is starting to respond to peoples complaints about this on Facebook this is what they told one person.

?

DIRECTV

I assure that we are not brushing you off. We know that SEC Network is important. We are working very hard to reach an agreement to bring SEC Network to you at the best deal possible.

9 hrs

Last edited:

i want the channel too. but i'm not leaving a provider if i don't get it.

i want the channel too. but i'm not leaving a provider if i don't get it.

Certainly not every SEC fan will. And just as certainly a good many would, although it is unlikely that it will be necessary.
The closer it gets though, the more enticing it will be for those to swap to make sure that they have it.

Had I not already swapped a couple of months ago for promos, id already have my install scheduled for the first of August for this channel. Then I personally would see what happened between now and then and go ahead with it or stay where I was depending on if it were added.

I'd like to clarify, because there are assumptions getting made.

1) Yes, I am an FSU fan
2) My wife is a Bammer
3) Other than FSU games, we mostly watch as many SEC matchups as we can on Saturday. We are both born and raised in Mobile, so we are mostly "SEC" viewers
4) I run two tv's on Saturday, and if there is not two good SEC matchups I watch ACC or another conference

So my saying I am not leaving over the SEC addition has no bearing on my conference allegiance. I gave Dish a whole year to get ESPNUHD/Disney worked out, but that still wasnt the only reason I left. Looking at their schedule, No way am I leaving Directv to go back to Dish over SEC Network, not even if it isnt added next year. I can see all the football I need to on Saturday, and if it is something real special I can ride up to Buffalo Wild Wings and drink a few brews while I watch. Still not going to make me dump Direct for Dish.

and if it is something real special I can ride up to Buffalo Wild Wings and drink a few brews while I watch.
Nope, they use Directv. :D

(obviously this would only be an issue if they dont add it, and they willl, just saying)

Nope, they use Directv. :D

(obviously this would only be an issue if they dont add it, and they willl, just saying)

My local Wild Wings also has cable in addition to DirecTV so they may have you covered. That said, I agree that DirecTV will have the SEC network by the time football kicks off. I'm so confident that they will do so, that I agreed to an equipment upgrade and a new 24-month contract along with some very generous inducements to stay with DirecTV.
DTV and Disney are in the process of working out renewal of the complete carriage contract that expires at the end of the year which is why the negotiations are taking longer than the other carriers.

have to laugh. some guy just posted at facebook for dtv customers to email chase carey. really? he's been gone, like, what four years or so!

Working on it and in negioations and all of that is just PR.

Facts:

DISH has a "most favored nation" deal, as do the major cable systems. That means no deal better than DISH's can be given to DirecTV. So, here is how you "work on it".

YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT.

DirecTV must be 'luxury TV". Every channel, period. If you want "good enough" TV, you go elsewhere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts