SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All of the sports channels need to be together on the guide.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That's less often than I do there. Of course, it's usually due to the two or three knuckleheads over there that think Directv can do no wrong.

Reactions: Rey
That's less often than I do there. Of course, it's usually due to the two or three knuckleheads over there that think Directv can do no wrong.

Wait until ATT takes over, LOL. Lots of bad info in the thread over there. The channel numbers being thrown around aren't accurate as well as the Longhorn Net is not launching the same day as SEC. If I was a betting man it will be in the 200's right after ESPN2. Infact, I dont think Longhorn is even coming. People are reading way to much into the normal daily moves that happens such as sports and infomercial moves. SEC Net will take over a PPV slot so I hope you have watched To be Takei because when SEC launches you can find it on one less channel! :D Or you can download it by plugging in receiver to the internet on VOD! :) People also forget that this channel would not launch if there wasn't an agreement in place, and the fact that it could be launching goes to show that a deal is done and probably already signed. I would expect to see a PR this week about it.

Thanks for all of the info Scott. Anxiously awaiting Wed now.

This wait has actually been fun. The most action I've seen on a topic since a few years ago when we were wondering what channel will be put up in HD next! Lol

Thanks for all of the info Scott. Anxiously awaiting Wed now.

This wait has actually been fun. The most action I've seen on a topic since a few years ago when we were wondering what channel will be put up in HD next! Lol

You wont see anything on Wednesday. That's the day it goes into testing and not available to the public. Only those with engineering access will be able to see it at that point.

You wont see anything on Wednesday. That's the day it goes into testing and not available to the public. Only those with engineering access will be able to see it at that point.

I said I was anxiously awaiting Wed cause he said that was the day they were suppose to announce it.

Also, he said Thursday was when they will start testing it.

They have moved the FCS channels together on 608, 608-1, and 608-2. With BTN and FCS showing college-specific programming, why on earth would they put SEC in the 200s. I would like to see them mirror ESPNU on 609, SEC on 611, LHN (if gotten) on 613. Then, it's BTN that's surrounded by ESPN since ESPN Classic is already 614. I think it's obvious why I skipped 612, as someday a channel(s) with a 12 in its (their) name(s) would fit nicely there...

There is no reason why all the sports channels aren't together. No need for the 200s and 600s (and some in the 400s with the Sports Packs). The filter Jimbo mentioned is okay, but it doesn't add locals or WGN, TBS, etc which also show sports. I do like channel 1205 a lot. But as for the regular guide, all of the sports channels should all be together. With the -1, -2, etc system in the RSNs there are a LOT of empty channels. I think all of the sports channels would fit in the 600s with some rearranging. I know I am always in the minority on this subject, but it just seems so obvious to me!

They have moved the FCS channels together on 608, 608-1, and 608-2. With BTN and FCS showing college-specific programming, why on earth would they put SEC in the 200s. I would like to see them mirror ESPNU on 609, SEC on 611, LHN (if gotten) on 613. Then, it's BTN that's surrounded by ESPN since ESPN Classic is already 614. I think it's obvious why I skipped 612, as someday a channel(s) with a 12 in its (their) name(s) would fit nicely there...

There is no reason why all the sports channels aren't together. No need for the 200s and 600s (and some in the 400s with the Sports Packs). The filter Jimbo mentioned is okay, but it doesn't add locals or WGN, TBS, etc which also show sports. I do like channel 1205 a lot. But as for the regular guide, all of the sports channels should all be together. With the -1, -2, etc system in the RSNs there are a LOT of empty channels. I think all of the sports channels would fit in the 600s with some rearranging. I know I am always in the minority on this subject, but it just seems so obvious to me!

No need to include WGN America in that anymore. After she end of September, there will not be any more sports shown there. They are dropping the Bulls games this season and dropping baseball next season. Pretty make makes it worthless.

They have moved the FCS channels together on 608, 608-1, and 608-2.
Has there been any games shown on FCS recently? I don't recall seeing anything at that channell last football season, or even when I'm brownsing the 600 channels, it's always showing something like "to be announced".

Has there been any games shown on FCS recently? I don't recall seeing anything at that channell last football season, or even when I'm brownsing the 600 channels, it's always showing something like "to be announced".

Yes, Cape Cod league baseball was on the other day. There is regularly baseball basketball and football and a few other things. The only thing that seems to use all 3 is football but I could be wrong.

This was on a Texas A&M board

Deal just signed between DirecTV and SEC Network

?
Image1.gif

61 minutes ago
?
Expect a press release by the end of the week. One of our family friends is the franchisee for DirecTV in this area.
This will also allow access to the ESPN app through DirecTV for the first time as well as accessing info. online on ESPN which was formerly not allowed by DirecTV.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Byew 51 minutes ago

DIRECTV has not announced anything to retailers yet. I do not expect them to until the deal is announced on Thursday.

This was on a Texas A&M board

Deal just signed between DirecTV and SEC Network

?
Image1.gif

61 minutes ago
?
Expect a press release by the end of the week. One of our family friends is the franchisee for DirecTV in this area.
This will also allow access to the ESPN app through DirecTV for the first time as well as accessing info. online on ESPN which was formerly not allowed by DirecTV.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Byew 51 minutes ago

i saw the message board you mention. sounded like the op was under the impression dtv had contacted franchcises and retailers as the op said he/she had a friend who had a dtv franchise.

Must be a member here.:)
Scott has been dead on about this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts