Second account question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kikenovic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Somewhere in time
I'm considering opening an account for a relative in TX. The account would be in my name in addition to my primary account.

The plan would be doing a self install with a couple of 500 dishes and a 211k receiver (all purchased). As per the package it would be the Latino welcome pack, locals and the Epix movie pack. Or locals only + Epix.

How does that work? What would be the involved costs? (activation, etc) Would it be billed separately or combined with the primary account?

Do I just call Dish and say "I want to open a second account, I purchased and installed all my gear and is up and running, you can pull my info with my already established acct#, the service address for the second acct is..."

Thanks everyone.

You can have more than one account in your name with the same billing address. The service address will have to be different to get the correct locals. It will most likely be 2 separate bills because of 2 different acct numbers.

One of the @dish guys here can give you the costs and may even be able to set it up for you.

It would be best if you called DISH Network directly and ask them what they will offer you.

I would think that chances are poor that they'll fall for the "friend" in Texico.

I have 3 DISH accounts for me , my parents, my aunt . I bought all my receivers and I 'm not in any commitments. If you want to lease your receivers, the best thing to do is contact DISH directly and see what they will offer.

It would be best if you called DISH Network directly and ask them what they will offer you.

I would think that chances are poor that they'll fall for the "friend" in Texico.

Oh, I don't know. Do they really question that closely?

Of course, he'd best stick to the dish 500 story, even if he finds out his relative need larger ones "to eliminate rain fade." ;)
Too bad his relative is in the boonies with no phone or internet service. ;)

As TimberWolf mentioned, the service addresses will be different, but both bills can go to the same address. They would be 2 different bills.

If you have all the equipment already you could set up as a "Direct Activation Plan" account. You would just need to pay the first month service up front. Unfortunately none of the DISH employees on this site would be able to set you up with that. You would have to call DISH directly since your social security number would be required for this type of account and they would do an identity verification since this would be your second account.

As TimberWolf mentioned, the service addresses will be different, but both bills can go to the same address. They would be 2 different bills.

If you have all the equipment already you could set up as a "Direct Activation Plan" account. You would just need to pay the first month service up front. Unfortunately none of the DISH employees on this site would be able to set you up with that. You would have to call DISH directly since your social security number would be required for this type of account and they would do an identity verification since this would be your second account.

This pretty much answers my question. Thanks.

I set up a second account for a summer retreat. I did a self-install with a receiver I owned. The first time I try to get the 2nd account turned on, I had a lot of issues and hung up with the CSR after 2 hours. The second time I called I was activated within 5 minutes. The difference is I used a different primary phone number. Since then I set up a 3rd account for my father in law. The key is to use a different primary number each time. The billing addresses can be the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts