Second Brown Recluse bite in 15 years

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
Man I can not believe it, but while working in the yard this weekend, thought I had a mosquito bite, but would not go away and alot more itchy. Woke up this morning feeling like sh*t and a mini volcano on my thigh. A tetnus shot, predmisone, and 3 antibiotic shots later, along with orals for the next two weeks, and a warning you may wind up in the hospital I am home. Of course minus a small chunk of my thigh that is now missing. This is the second time one of those MF's got me. It is now fun. Those red stripes running up my leg bother me.

Man I can not believe it, but while working in the yard this weekend, thought I had a mosquito bite, but would not go away and alot more itchy. Woke up this morning feeling like sh*t and a mini volcano on my thigh. A tetnus shot, predmisone, and 3 antibiotic shots later, along with orals for the next two weeks, and a warning you may wind up in the hospital I am home. Of course minus a small chunk of my thigh that is now missing. This is the second time one of those MF's got me. It is now fun. Those red stripes running up my leg bother me.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Guessing I can get out of automotive and computer tech, since I was sent home with a open wound to tend to. Four or five nickels would drop right in. but I have to cleanse and apply ointmemt every four hours.. Much better than loosing a whole leg, witch my sound far fetched, but google brown recluse bites and they are no fun, including death.

• Wow
Reactions: mdonnelly
We came home from Bay City State park around 8pm or so tonight. I came into the house, and into the bathroom. Looked in the mirror, and had a Black Widow spider crawling up my T-shirt, and she was almost to my neck right by my thyroid area. Grabbed her and crushed her quick. A couple more minutes, and who knows what could have happened...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts