Second dish needed? Waco TX locals in HD (CBS & NBC)

jedolley

Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
I don't keep up to date on this stuff like i should, but noticed today that according to the Dish Network site that CBS and NBC should be available in HD. I looked at my programming and the HD was not there (neither was the alternative channel 5221 something).

I called up Dish Network and explain the issue to Customer Care and he immediate figured it was a tech support problem and transferred me there. The tech support guy i talked to told me that I would need an additional dish, he said it was much smaller (22") and would be a free install for 24 month commit or $99 for no commit. I told him I would have to think about it, but will probably do it and lease an addition HD-DVR in the process (since i'm going to commit anyways). Then I started wondering... I would prefer not to have two dishes on my roof.

So I guess the question I have, Is there a dish available that they could swap mine out for instead of adding a second one? I think I currently have the 500.

I will probably ask Dish Network this anyways, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here to see what my options are and that way I know what to ask for.

Thanks,

JD

Chattanooga TN FOX HD Local

What to do? I need a receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)