Second HD Reciever

Derek2k3

Original poster
Apr 20, 2009
indiana
I have 2 HDTV's in my house with only one ViP722, hence not allowing me to get HD programming in my second room. Dish wants to offer me another reciever for $100 and a 24 month commitment on top of the 14 months I have left on my previous commitment. Anyone have any luck talking them out of the $100? I'm ok with the commitment, but to have to do both seems a little extreme.

Spend a little money on a HDMI splitter and cable (see monoprice.com) as well as an IR distribution system and get the ability to watch the HD output from one 722 on multiple TVs. I have my 722 driving 3 HDTVs and two SDTVs.

Spend a little money on a HDMI splitter and cable (see monoprice.com) as well as an IR distribution system and get the ability to watch the HD output from one 722 on multiple TVs. I have my 722 driving 3 HDTVs and two SDTVs.

Yeh this works great as long as you don't want to watch different HD on the sets at the same time.

I have 2 HDTV's in my house with only one ViP722, hence not allowing me to get HD programming in my second room. Dish wants to offer me another reciever for $100 and a 24 month commitment on top of the 14 months I have left on my previous commitment. Anyone have any luck talking them out of the $100? I'm ok with the commitment, but to have to do both seems a little extreme.

I think the total commitment is likely 24 months and not 24 months on top of the remaining 14. In other words, you are simply extending your commitment back out to 24 months. I haven't ever received a contract other than 24 months in total. As for the amount, it depends on the HD DVR in question. Is it another 722?

I think the total commitment is likely 24 months and not 24 months on top of the remaining 14. In other words, you are simply extending your commitment back out to 24 months.

That's correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)