Second Hopper was the deal breaker

I just don't see the point of this statement. Is wanting and demanding a DVR as part of our paid-for service becoming one of the seven deadly sins? Is it akin to gluttony to need six tuners for a whole house setup?
It is the attitude that some people express over the Hopper. Some people reacted against Dish Network, in a way, that suggests they feel insulted by a device that had only three timers *hiss*.

I just don't see the point of this statement. Is wanting and demanding a DVR as part of our paid-for service becoming one of the seven deadly sins? Is it akin to gluttony to need six tuners for a whole house setup?

I believe the minimum tuners needed for a whole house setup is 4 tuners(1 tuner per room),and who gave me this idea? why DISH did with their VIP922 with the MT2 Dual Over The Air Tuners Module, it has 4 tuners(2SAT+2OTA),that I can record 4 programs at once with (while watching a prerecorded program).Let's also not forget DISH says in their ads that they can put a receiver in every room and normally that means a 4 room setup,which means at the least 4 tuners.;)

I did not take his remark as apparently some did. I took it as some have said that three tuners is not enough, Dish should have had 5 or whatever and that on Hopper is useless. He is pointing out that there are many, maybe most who only need the three tuners. (four if they ever get the OTA) I don't think it was a social comment......

About thirty percent of my hopper installs involve 2 hoppers. If I arrive at a house and there are more than two people in residence there and especially if they have kids, I talk them into the second hopper on the spot. About 70 percent go for that and the rest seem convinced that they won't need all those tunes. Seldom does it come down to the money thing oddly. At our shop the general rule of thumb I have pounded into the sales peoples heads is one hopper one joey ratio. Or even two hoppers no joey for the power users like myself.

About thirty percent of my hopper installs involve 2 hoppers. If I arrive at a house and there are more than two people in residence there and especially if they have kids, I talk them into the second hopper on the spot. About 70 percent go for that and the rest seem convinced that they won't need all those tunes. Seldom does it come down to the money thing oddly. At our shop the general rule of thumb I have pounded into the sales peoples heads is one hopper one joey ratio. Or even two hoppers no joey for the power users like myself.

I don't suppose you're anywhere near Fairfax County VA?

Im in central Oregon actually. Been here since 2008. Had a shop in NW Arizona from 97 -2007. Like it alot better here but the snow can be a pain. Still, it beats 160 degree attics and the variety of deadly things you encounter under peoples houses in the desert.

Being just my wife and i with one kid on the way, i got a 2nd hopper for 99 bucks. The guy in the customer loyalty department that helped me noticed i paid around 300 bucks for a hopper and joey already and offered it to me for 99 bucks so i took it. Before there was always conflicts because she had shows so i couldnt watch tv live. Now we never have conflicts with shows.

Its funny how there are those who see the single hopper a fine solution and there are those (including myself) who don't believe it has enough tuners, o OTA or manual times, etc. Not t mention the 435 different prices quoted for an h/j or 2h or single h system.

Miner

I see the single Hopper as a fine solution for most. I see the dual Hopper as a fine solution for others. If you want a dual version, pay the extra for it, it's that simple.

Miner said:
Its funny how there are those who see the single hopper a fine solution and there are those (including myself) who don't believe it has enough tuners, o OTA or manual times, etc. Not t mention the 435 different prices quoted for an h/j or 2h or single h system.

Miner

Last time I checked two Hoppers wouldn't get you OTA either. And I'm not sure how various price quotes to different people enters into the equation of deciding the technical merits of a single Hopper solution.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I prefer to watch only recorded TV so I can skip commercials. If I see a show I want to watch I will record it and watch something else (recorded) until at least 20 minutes has passed so I have time to skip all the commercials. There are times when I would like to record more than the 3 shows available with one Hopper. My wife loves to channel surf and yells at me when she can not change the channel because the DVR is recording. Therefore two Hoppers (6 tuners) creates tranquility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)