Security cameras and FTA PVR???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I do not know of any satelllite PVRs which will record from a video source.
They only record from their satellite input.

I suppose if you got one of the models which had a off-the-air tuner, then put your security camera on it's own modulator...
But if I'm not mistaken, the only such PVR is Hi Def and therefore pretty costly.

Perhaps someone has a better answer.

Last edited:
I've seen PVR's at Sam's Club that you need to install your own hard drives into that are designed to be used for security camera systems.

See the thing is I was planning on getting a FTA PVR ,so i really don't want to invest on another pvr unless I have too.

when people say fta they are refering to freq in the Lband with mpeg video encoding.

unless your security camera's output direct in dvb format in the lband you wont find an fta ird that can use them. and btw no such camera exsists or ever will.

you'll want to get a standalone pvr that can do composite video, preferably one designed for security camera's as they will probably have video switching built in.

Technical issues aside, a potential downside to using your satellite television receiver's PVR function to record security video - there is a high probability a burglar will inadvertently deny investigators damning evidence of his crime when he steals the PVR.

A cunning invader may make an effort to locate and destroy any security camera recording device on the premises, but his efforts can be frustrated if the recorder is somehow hidden and/or locked away. Your satellite receiver is probably going to be out in the open, next to your television and other expensive consumer electronics that are likely to stolen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)