Seek Timer

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Anyone know how to create a seek timer on hopper 3? The only way I have seen if you search for and actor and it does not have anything list it it gives an option to record all future shows but if there is something listed you can only record those. I would like to record everything from a certain person.

Do a search on the actor, I used Clint Eastwood in this example. Press Record Movies. Look in DVR, Timers and you will see it.

IMG_0058.jpegIMG_0059.jpegIMG_0060.jpeg

Guess I does not like Gordon.
I see your dilemma. Gordon Ramsay is a TV star and the seek timers that I posted for you won't work for him. You could, however, set up individual timers for his programs. In this case there are 5 of them. It may not be as simple but the end result would be the same.

IMG_0061.jpeg

Anyone know how to create a seek timer on hopper 3? The only way I have seen if you search for and actor and it does not have anything list it it gives an option to record all future shows but if there is something listed you can only record those. I would like to record everything from a certain person.
did anyone ever figure this out? i think you and I are trying to do the same thing. I want to create a timer with the keyword "Knoxville" so that any show with the keyword in the title or description gets recorded in the future. Directv has had this for over 10 years, maybe longer. Seems like Dish doesn't. can't imagine why not.

did anyone ever figure this out? i think you and I are trying to do the same thing. I want to create a timer with the keyword "Knoxville" so that any show with the keyword in the title or description gets recorded in the future. Directv has had this for over 10 years, maybe longer. Seems like Dish doesn't. can't imagine why not.
The way it works for Dish is it must have something in its database to set a seek timer. So, what you do is to do a search, Home, Home, Search, and then input Knoxville. If there any examples of Knoxville you will see what is available. Then you pick whatever interests you and set a recording/s.
IMG_0332.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpeg

IMG_0334.jpeg

so back to this thread. Im trying to create a timer for a show on FX called "The Old Man". it ran last summer. it is supposed to have a second season sometime in the future. so I want to create a timer now so that whenever it comes on it will automatically record. I don't know when that will be. It wasn't in the available timer list so, Im afraid this will be the same answer as I got before. having the ability to create a timer like this is such a valuable feature. I can't imagine that Dish doesn't have it. I didn't even to think to ask before switching as I thought it would be a standard thing with a Hopper 3 box. starting to regret my decision to switch.
Am i correct that i can't create a timer for a show that is not in the schedule sometime in the future, but not now?

so back to this thread. Im trying to create a timer for a show on FX called "The Old Man". it ran last summer. it is supposed to have a second season sometime in the future. so I want to create a timer now so that whenever it comes on it will automatically record. I don't know when that will be. It wasn't in the available timer list so, Im afraid this will be the same answer as I got before. having the ability to create a timer like this is such a valuable feature. I can't imagine that Dish doesn't have it. I didn't even to think to ask before switching as I thought it would be a standard thing with a Hopper 3 box. starting to regret my decision to switch.
Am i correct that i can't create a timer for a show that is not in the schedule sometime in the future, but not now?
That is correct.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)