seen ad on tsn hd today

are you sure?
I hadnt heard anything recently about either one adding it.

I hope SC adds it too....missed a few Nascar races because of the whole "if you dont want TSN2 you dont get TSN Alt right now" issues :(

just another CTVGlobemedia ripoff - and Canada's 5 largest providers know that their customers are getting tired of it - and therefore are still "negotiating".

The bulk of TSN2 programming will be sports having a potential audience of less than 100 + TSN timeshifted programming.

TSN2 SD will be on the CTVGlobemedia owned transponder on F1R - merely replacing TSN Alt. Under CRTC regulations, the programmer has the option of dealing with SC and Shaw Cable individually or as a single entity.

But after having been shafted by CTV for the cost of the TSN HD signal, both Rogers and Shaw are playing hardball with this Category 2 (discretionary) service.
They know the CTV playbook well - after a year or 2, CTV will start moving popular programming from the "Must Carry" service TSN to TSN2 - and then increase the cost of TSN2 even more.

So far only 3 minor cable providers in Canada have signed up. Let's hope that Shaw, Rogers, Belltv, Videotron and Cogeco play real hardball this time.

are you sure?
I hadnt heard anything recently about either one adding it.

I hope SC adds it too....missed a few Nascar races because of the whole "if you dont want TSN2 you dont get TSN Alt right now" issues :(

I was watching TSN the other night and they said It would be on SC, Aug.29.

They know the CTV playbook well - after a year or 2, CTV will start moving popular programming from the "Must Carry" service TSN to TSN2 - and then increase the cost of TSN2 even more.

TSN2 can only allot 10% of its programming to live events, so you won't see a ton of "PRIME" stuff dumped to TSN2, there isn't room. Outside of that 10%, TSN2 will mainly be repeats of stuff that originally aired on TSN as per CRTC license.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts