Self install kits price increase

Tvland1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
ohio
Just browsing around Orby's site and noticed the self install is now $100..The receiver and install kit is $200 and the DVR receiver kit is $300...I know my memory is not that good but didn't they increase $100 for the receiver kits and $25 for the install kits?..

Just browsing around Orby's site and noticed the self install is now $100..The receiver and install kit is $200 and the DVR receiver kit is $300...I know my memory is not that good but didn't they increase $100 for the receiver kits and $25 for the install kits?..

I just checked the Wayback Machine from July of 2019:
(Buy Online)

Standard receiver - $100
DVR receiver - $200
Self install kit - $85
Replacement remote - $20

They didn't offer receiver/install kit packages then but comparing today's price with the ones back then everything is $15 more.

I also checked out the prices for August of 2020:
(Buy Online)

Standard receiver - $100
Standard receiver with self install kit - $100
DVR receiver - $200
DVR receiver with install kit - $200
Self install kit - $70.00
Spare remote - $20
Signal meter - $20

So in August of 2020 the self install kit was $15 less than in 2019 and they were basically giving it away with the purchase of either receiver since they are the same price with or without the self install kit. Self install kit is now $30 more than in August 2020. :)

Reactions: Tvland1
From the looks of it they don't seem to interested in self install anymore.. Best buy still selling the DVR Clearance at $129 and Orby wants $200 or $300 with install kits.. Orby is in need of a better marketing manager

Reactions: FTA4PA
From the looks of it they don't seem to interested in self install anymore.. Best buy still selling the DVR Clearance at $129 and Orby wants $200 or $300 with install kits.. Orby is in need of a better marketing manager

Because the typical consumer can’t install it themselves.

Then the entire package gets returned to Best Buy all opened and missing parts.

Then what does Best Buy do with the open box? They either have to sell at a discount, or pay to ship everything back to Orby.

Then the question is what do you do with an open Dish kit? It costs more to ship a Dish kit that is potentially missing parts, than it does to just order a new one.

Considering what Orby is paying installers (peanuts) and the cost of a self install kit, it’s better just to have Orby install it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)