self install of 811

Pwilli

Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
I have a Dish 500 system, with the 4900 rec. If I get the 811, is there anything special I have to do to install it myself other than simply swapping boxes?

Any tips will be much appreciated!!!

Pwilli said:
I have a Dish 500 system, with the 4900 rec. If I get the 811, is there anything special I have to do to install it myself other than simply swapping boxes?

Any tips will be much appreciated!!!
Don't forget, you need to call Dish to get it activated after you have it installed. Be ready with the numbers they need, smartcard, etc.

I installed my 6000 six months ago with no problems....

For some reason, Dish was reluctant to have me install my 811. So they sent a guy, and I hooked up the 811 while he was here.....

The Dish Tech wanted to take my 6000, but I told him I own it.....so it stayed, and I may sell the 6000 soon....

Thanks for the info, everyone. One more question: With my Dish 500 and the 811, will I be able to get all the Dish HD signals? I read here I might not get CBS-HD. Is this true? And if so...why???

Depending on where you live you may or may not qualify to receive CBS-HD.

If you live in an area that does not receive OTA broadcasts and subscribe to distant networks you can receive CBS-HD.

Or if you live in one of the DMAs in which CBS owns and operates the local CBS affiliate AND you are not in range to receive the broadcast of a CBS station from a neighboring market you can receive CBS-HD.

Please look at this web page for further details.

The important thing here is that even if you qualify, you won't get CBS-HD unless you get a separate dish pointed at 61.5 or 148.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts