Self Install

Furious

Original poster
Oct 29, 2004
About 2 weeks ago, I ordered Dish over the internet. This was on a Thursday night. We scheduled for a Sunday install. We ordered a dvr 510 and a 311 for two rooms with americas top 180 pack which also included the locals. Friday came around and my wife got a call saying they wanted to come install that evening if we were available. Of course we jumped on it. So the installer came out and installed the system. He started showing us how to use the system, so then I asked where are the local stations? He said what local stations? I said the ones that came with my package. He looks at his paper and says its not on my work order. So he calls dish and someone screwed up of course. Dish tells him and his boss to fix get him locals. So the installer tells me that they will be over the next day to install. I asked what time, he said 9:00-10:00 am. I said ok so he left. Next morning I get up to work in the yard. No one shows up. So I make a phone call about 2pm asking where the installer is. They said they would have the installer there by 5. So 5 comes and goes no show. I call the retailer at 6 and ask where the installer is, she tells me that he is on his way back and will have him call me. He doesnt call me back. So at 8pm I call dish. They schedule another tech to come out Tuesday. Said ok. Tuesday comes around and we have to reschudule due to a drs appointment. So we reschedule for Friday(last Week). The installer says he cant get the 2nd dish up due to no line of sight. He tells my wife he will get another installer to look at it that day. No other installer comes, so I get home, and no locals. My wife tells me they said no line of sight, I said what are they talking about? Theres line of sight on the other side of the house(east side). So I call dish again, furious about being lied to and given the run around. The rep says she will talk to a technician. Comes back and says sorry nothing they can do due to no line of sight. I told her that yes there is line of sight on the other side of the house, the installer just didnt want to run the wires that far. She said sorry nothing they could do. So I hung up on her.

Anyway, tomorrow I plan on installing the 2nd dish myself. I previously had dish and moved and setup under my wifes name and got new equipment. So I have 2 dish500s not being used along with the switch.(had the previous setup with 2 satellites). So now Im planning on taking 1 of my satellites and hooking it up to my current satellite. I found that the loc on the locals is 148 degrees and is Sat E2. Im not sure how to wire the switch though. Any thoughts and suggestions? Basically how do you install a 2nd dish into a current setup with 2 recievers? Dishs website isnt to helpful...I do have the manual that came with the reciever and I guess I could read that......How many coax cables am I gonna need?

Thanks,
Furious

You're gonna need more than coax cables. Just exactly what depends on things you haven't told us, like what kind of LNBFs you have, what kind of switch you have, etc.

Also, note that aiming a D500 at a wing is gonna take patience because the receiver can NOT tell you the right aiming numbers to start from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)