Sending 942 back after upgrade

rangersjay99

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
Baltimore, MD
Has anyone been told what accessories Dish is expecting to be included in the box when we return the 942 for the $200 credit, i.e. , remotes, cables, instructions, etc.? :)

Thanks all.

Just a thought...does a 942 UHF remote work on a 622? It would be nice to have 2 UHF remotes. I know they are coded to a certain "band", but hopefully it's just a matter of "A", "B", "C", ect rather than a complicated "key"

I was going to call before shipping back my 942 about the remotes. I then reread the return instructions. Doesn't say anything about packing the remotes with it. I sent back the 942 receiver only.

dont24 said:
I was going to call before shipping back my 942 about the remotes. I then reread the return instructions. Doesn't say anything about packing the remotes with it. I sent back the 942 receiver only.

So did I.

N

dont24 said:

I notice the same thing about not mentioning what to include. But I did call the special number and asked. She checked with a supervisor and said that DISH has never requested any remotes be sent back. I repeated. "Than that means I just need to send back the 942 by itself and can retain the old remotes." She said "definetly." So I kept the old remotes.

I see confusion rains supreme again With DISH. But I also agree WTF would DISH or anyone want with scratched remotes that have been dropped a dozen times and with Jelly stains on the underside.

Last edited:
jetskier said:
What does Dish do with all these returned 942's, 921's, etc. I'm curious. I can't imagine them wanting the scratched used remotes.
There are still folks that own 942's and 942's that have the Dish Warranty. One breaks and Dish ships a replacement from these returned units.

Dish just replaced one of my 508's under the $1.99/Month Waranty. If I turn in my two 508's to Dish to upgrade to a 625 presumably those units will support some other 508 owner's claim in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts