Sending signal to a second tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rhinoman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
I've got a R-10 Directv DVR in my living room and I was thinking about running a line from it to feed a 2nd tv upstairs. I know that I would have to watch the same thing on both tvs. Thats no problem. I assume the only way to do this is to run my coaxial cable out of the "RF out" on the DVR and maybe hook it to an amplifer and then run it upstairs?
Distance from dish to first tv is about 50-75 feet. Then the distance from the first tv to the second tv is 50 feet.

Anybody else doing something like this? I assume there is nothing illegal doing it this way. If so, I won't do it.

May not even need an amp. Distance from dish to DVR is not important.
No problems doing this.

If this works, I may run lines to a couple other upstairs rooms. Would I lose much signal with a splitter? I have about four rooms I'd like to connect and I know that will add some footage. I heard that anytime you go over 100 feet, you will probably need an amp.

Thought I would check before I start crawling around in a 100 degree attic tomorrow!

Rhinoman said:
If this works, I may run lines to a couple other upstairs rooms. Would I lose much signal with a splitter? I have about four rooms I'd like to connect and I know that will add some footage. I heard that anytime you go over 100 feet, you will probably need an amp.

Thought I would check before I start crawling around in a 100 degree attic tomorrow!
Ballparking a 2 way splitter has half the incoming signal going to each output a 4 way has 1/4th the signal going to each output, then there is line loss through the cable. If the signal at a TV begins to look grainy then you would need to put an amplifier at the source. A 4 way splitter is about the balance point where you may or maynot need the amp. the quality of the cable and fittings will usually be the determining factor.:) :) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)