"Sent from I-couldn't-give-a-crap-what-phone-you-are-using-or-if-it's-the-movbile-app" signature mes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Is this a function of the Satguys mobile app that imprints this goofy and space-wasting addendum to every mobile post? Or, is it a function of the phone's signature settings? If it is in the app itself, is there a way to set the default from the developer's end to no longer do it? It really clutters up the threads, in both original posts, and even worse, when quoting them in replies. (especially if the one replying also does it.)

Who really needs or wants to see this information, anyway?

I just checked the SatGuys app, and I see there is a checkbox to enable the sig. I had previously unchecked mine. But, it would be nice if it could come that way when downloaded and installed. In the mean time, it sure would be nice if people unchecked theirs. As I mentioned previously, I just don't understand the point of including this info in posts.

It's a good thing because it lets people know why a response may be short and not quite as "friendly" as if it was typed on a pc.

It is NOT any different than any other signature. So you complain about those too?

Sent from my DROIDX

You people don't seem to understand the difference between a true forum signature that doesn't appear in the body of the post (and is usually of a smaller font), and the additional text that's added to the body, and therefor the quote too, cluttering up the body of the reply, in addition to the original post. Of course, it can be deleted by the person replying. But, why should they have to do additional work, when that unnecessary flotsam can just be avoided to begin with.

And, as Hall so rightly points out, it's just an ad for the device and app. Why do people feel the need to defend them, unless they find some weird importance to letting people know what device and/or app they use.

This isn't a defense for those people, but the app's sig is on by default. Most people don't care or worse, know how/where to turn it off.

This post is from my phone, by the way - I turned off the sig a long time ago.

This isn't a defense for those people, but the app's sig is on by default. Most people don't care or worse, know how/where to turn it off.

This post is from my phone, by the way - I turned off the sig a long time ago.

And, it's nice that you can ignore sigs here too.....

I like the sig for the mobile app. It lets some of us put a personalized message that is able to put a smile on some faces. There is nothing requiring you to read the sig. If the last sentence begins with "Sent from my....." you know it is not important and can ignore it.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair 2K using SatelliteGuys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)