Separator 123254 to Multiswitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mogul12

Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
Connecticut
I currently have two dual tuner, receivers hooked up to my satellite. I cannot get to the satellite since is is on the side of the chimney and I do no have a tall enough latter. I want to add more receivers, but I cannot run more lines to the satellite since my townhouse complex won't let me.

Currently there is a single line going to each receiver with a Separator model # 123254. Can I take the 2 outputs from the separator and go into a multiswitch, and then run multiple lines off of the multiswitch?

If not, how can I use this setup to split off to more receivers?

Thanks

I want to add more receivers, but I cannot run more lines to the satellite since my townhouse complex won't let me.
You can have two lines but you can't have four?

Usually it isn't your problem to make this happen. You call DISH and order the equipment and they set it up for you.

You could use a external switch (DPP44 or like) down near the sets but you would need 1 line per LNB, usually 3 if you have HD, and LNBs on the dish without a switch or ones that turns off with a downstream switch. I don't know the models. Differs with Legacy (that would have 4 or 6 lines), DP, and DPP. More info for the installers here, please.
-Ken

No, your forked. You still still need one cable for each orbit location and proplus twins (the only two orbit proplus LNB) will not accept an external switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts