September 21, SEASON PREMIERE, Synopsis

Lucky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
New York
From CBS :

A BETRAYAL THREATENS TO DESTROY THE GUYS' FRIENDSHIP WITH SHELDON... AND LEONARD'S CHANCES WITH PENNY... ON THE SEASON THREE PREMIERE OF "THE BIG BANG THEORY," MONDAY SEPT. 21

"The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation" - Sheldon flees back to Texas in disgrace when he learns the guys tampered with his arctic expedition data, forcing the guys to follow him and threatening Leonard's hopes for a romantic encounter with Penny, on the premiere of THE BIG BANG THEORY, Monday, Sept. 21 (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Leonard................................... Johnny Galecki

Sheldon......................................... Jim Parsons

Penny.......................................... Kaley Cuoco

Wolowitz.................................. Simon Helberg

Koothrappali ............................. Kunal Nayyar

GUEST CAST:

Mary....................................... Laurie Metcalfe

Kripke...................................John Ross Bowie

STORY BY: Steven Molaro

DIRECTED BY: Mark Cendrowski

GENRE: COMEDY

RATING: TVPG-DL

Oh yes, in the world of emoticons I was colon capital D.

and

“By his hand we are all … fed, give us all our daily… bread, please know that we are truly… grateful, for every cup and every… plateful.”

Lines of the night!

I guess I better spoiler it:

The bit about the can opener skewing the results was kind of dead on. However, I think it ignored the fact that the only way they were getting electricity in the first place was by a big ass diesel generator that would have been emitting a lot more electrical noise. They never would have been able to measure this under the conditions stated and the collection site should have been 5 miles away.

Sorry, nice try Mr. Consulting physicist, but no cigar.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the show.

I reviewed a bunch of NASA earth science funding proposals last year. They had a lot of stuff up in the Arctic and some of it was similar. However, almost all of it was for ground support of satellite operations.

Unfortunately, I am under non-disclosure. I am dying to tell you about one in particular that would have made the episode work.

I didn't think the show was one of the good ones.

They killed one of the biggest recurring jokes by having Penny and Leonard sleep together.

I did like when Penny tried singing Sheldon to sleep, I like when they can pull joke and gags from past episodes.

I guess I better spoiler it:

The bit about the can opener skewing the results was kind of dead on. However, I think it ignored the fact that the only way they were getting electricity in the first place was by a big ass diesel generator that would have been emitting a lot more electrical noise. They never would have been able to measure this under the conditions stated and the collection site should have been 5 miles away.

Sorry, nice try Mr. Consulting physicist, but no cigar.

Well they could have shut the generator off for the experiments and ran off battery power...

I watched the rerun the other night and saw something really strange.

The notes at the end this time is a picture from Comiccon. What was strange is that there is a guy at the far right in the front row, whose image is mirrored and duplicated on the far left. Anybody else notice this? Anybody know who he is and what the joke was that made them photoshop the picture?

I watched the rerun the other night and saw something really strange.

The notes at the end this time is a picture from Comiccon. What was strange is that there is a guy at the far right in the front row, whose image is mirrored and duplicated on the far left. Anybody else notice this? Anybody know who he is and what the joke was that made them photoshop the picture?

Hmm... I'll have to look at the episode on the dvr and check it out.