September Bill (Slightly) Higher

Your tax is on your entire bill, not just the equipment charge. There might have been a fluctuation (for a variety of possible reasons) resulting in a slightly higher total bill. Check and see if the before tax totals were the same, or slightly higher.

I looked at my entire bill. Here is the summary.

Higher taxes it looks like this:
Monthly Charges $122.99
Other Charges and Credits -$11.98
Pay - Per - View 11.98

Taxes 8.17

Lower taxes it looks like this:
Monthly Charges $122.99
Other Charges and Credits $-11.98
Pay Per View $11.98

Taxes $8.08

I don't see anything different that should account for the tax change. The credits were PPV coupons. Again, dish needs to have better statements than they do that breaks down how the tax is calculated.

meh... it literally wouldn't be worth it as I'd more than likely find out something that would cause more questions, then those answers would cause more questions, and in the end I'd end up pissed off and dish folks would tell me how sorry they are. that's usually how it works out.

The change is due to our policy change on the 508 receivers. We have begun to charge the $6.00 monthly DVR fee for these receivers that we had been waiving up till 8-11. We have issued a credit equal to the amount of the change which will be on the account for the next 24 months which is in essence giving our customers 24 months notice that the account fee will be changing. I am not sure why you tax amount did not credit to your account and I will need to check you account and the state tax guidelines. If you would like my assistance on this, please feel free to PM me. Thank you!

Question. What happens to the credit if I deactivate my 508 without replacing it?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)