Series Recording and Sling questions

Lombar

Original poster
Aug 2, 2017
Oregon
Hello All,

I'm looking at potentially switching from DirecTV to Dish. I've been looking around but haven't been able to find solid answers to some questions I have. Hoping someone here could help out.

1) I know Dish has folders for recordings which is important because I plan to get a Hopper 3 for me and a Joey for my dad so I was planning on creating different folders for each of our recordings. My question is if one of us schedules a series or season pass or whatever Dish calls it, can it automatically have be saved to a specific folder? If not I assume I'd need to get us both Hopper 3's which I'd rather not do since I assume it's more expensive.
2) I travel for work and I'd really like to be able to watch my dvr'ed shows on the road on my laptop or iPad. DirecTV allows this from their iOS app but the functionality honestly sucks. From what I understand Hopper 3 has Sling built in so can someone let me know how the remote DVR viewing experience is with that?

Thanks in advance.

Hello All,

I'm looking at potentially switching from DirecTV to Dish. I've been looking around but haven't been able to find solid answers to some questions I have. Hoping someone here could help out.

1) I know Dish has folders for recordings which is important because I plan to get a Hopper 3 for me and a Joey for my dad so I was planning on creating different folders for each of our recordings. My question is if one of us schedules a series or season pass or whatever Dish calls it, can it automatically have be saved to a specific folder? If not I assume I'd need to get us both Hopper 3's which I'd rather not do since I assume it's more expensive.
2) I travel for work and I'd really like to be able to watch my dvr'ed shows on the road on my laptop or iPad. DirecTV allows this from their iOS app but the functionality honestly sucks. From what I understand Hopper 3 has Sling built in so can someone let me know how the remote DVR viewing experience is with that?

Thanks in advance.

1. You could on the old UI. Not sure about the new CUI as I don't have it, but I would hope it works the same.
2. I too, would like to have some feedback on this.

Thanks,
Ted

The answer to both questions is yes... I have recordings set to folders for myself, my wife, and then for some programming no folder at all because we both watch that program together. I use Dish Anywhere on my iPad often when I am away from home to access programming, even live programming. I once watched programming while I was in the Frankfurt, Germany airport.

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts