Serious Question On I-Phone Voicemail

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Hey guys we had a funeral here last Thursday for a soldier who did a couple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan being a Navy Vet myself these things always hit home for me. He lost control of his late model mustang on a county road and hit a tree the car was split into two separate pieces. Anyway I could not get away from work to go to his funeral which now I wished I did due to I have meet his wife she friends with some of the same people I'm. So anyway late last night a ex-coworker who retired now PM on FB explaining that she knew the soldier Mom. My ex-coworker explained to me that the soldier Mom was wanting to save her sons voice mails and also wanting to know if there a way to get them saved to I guess a PC or onto another device as well. I never have thought about pulling the voice mail over to another device I figured it can be done. I explained to my ex-coworker that as long as she does not delete them they should stay saved on the voice mail system. Anyway have any of you guys tried pulling your voice mail over to another device? I guess you could do like a MP3 or something and save to a laptop or some other device besides your phone. Just let me know what you guys think and I will pass it along..

Thanks! Poke :)

I have never seen a way. It's unfortunate it's not like Android Visual Voicemail which does allow for exporting. Now you may find so with with a PC that allows connection via the Headphone jacket and record it that way.

When my sister passed away I was lucky had voicemails that were able to be exported to mp3 so I know what she is going through.

My voicemails are not saved beyond 2 weeks with At&t so you may need to act quickly if others are the same. Here is one link;
http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/tutorials/how-to-access-voicemail-on-iphone.php

I would simply play them on speakerphone to a recording device for now.

If it's an iPhone I don't think that's a problem. The visual voicemail stuff stays on my phone until I delete it. I think messages get downloaded and stored on the iPhone itself instead of the normal voicemail service.

If it's an iPhone I don't think that's a problem. The visual voicemail stuff stays on my phone until I delete it. I think messages get downloaded and stored on the iPhone itself instead of the normal voicemail service.

Agreed. I just checked and I have deleted messages going back to November of last year. That was probably the last time I cleaned them out

I have done the old hold the iPhone speaker up to the computer microphone trick in the past with good results. As long as you are in a quite room with minimal echo you should get a nice recording.

Hie thee to the Genius Bar. They'll not only like to help, they may want to publicize it. Good customer relations.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yeah I probably can figure it out just thought I would ask just in case someone has already done it.. But thanks everyone for the responses.. :)

I thought we were talking the actual voice...

We are. They call it visual voicemail but they are still just voice messages. The iPhone downloads the message and saves it on its internal storage. Then you can see your list of messages and which contact they came from. The point is to be able to listen any specific voicemail just by tapping it instead of having to call in and listen to them in the order they were stored.

I use a program called "ifunbox" to extract just about anything from my iPhone. And yes you can extract voicemails too. iPhone's voicemail is stored on the phone just like other music or video files. It is located under voicemail database. If you search on google "ifunbox voicemail" you should be able to get instructions on how to extract (backup) your voicemail on iPhone using ifunbox.

It also works really well when the computer sync to your iPhone dies. Now all your music are stuck on the phone because if you try to sync to another computer it will try to wipe your phone first. ifunbox is a really good backup program and it is free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)