serious rainfade problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

loki993

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
Nw Kansas
Ok, I love my dish so far, lots of channels and the HD Pq is fantastic. However I have one problem with it and its a big one. I have a serious rainfade issue. For the most part EVERY time it rains here I lose my dish, these are thunderstorms but the amount of rain that is coming down most fo the time I dont think warrants me losing my TV. Is this something Ill have to deal with or is there a problem with my dish. Take into account I have already had someone here to look at it once.

I've lost signal before with NO rain at my location....but it was raining very heavy south of my house. At a 40 degree los you are looking though alot of atmostphere when you take into account the angle. You'll tend to find that very tall clouds that have alot of lightning will knock out your signal pretty quick whereas less dense rain clouds with liitle or no ligthning will usually not affect your signal very much. I went through a pretty rough hurricane a few years back and I don't think the signal went out once.

Ok, I love my dish so far, lots of channels and the HD Pq is fantastic. However I have one problem with it and its a big one. I have a serious rainfade issue. For the most part EVERY time it rains here I lose my dish, these are thunderstorms but the amount of rain that is coming down most fo the time I dont think warrants me losing my TV. Is this something Ill have to deal with or is there a problem with my dish. Take into account I have already had someone here to look at it once.

Is This a new install using all new wiring? I had a similar problem. Dish came out many times over the course of 1 year after i switched to HD. New boxes, peak dish, this and that . Now i've had Dish for thirteen years and was still using orignal wiring none of the techs wanted to change it they said it's fine. Well they finally changed it seeing it was the only thing that had not been changed.I think I've lost signal 2 time since this was done

My location is coastal SW FL and it rains here. Signal loss ussually occurs right before the rain. It can rain heavily and rarely does the rain cause signal loss. On a Dish install about a decade ago, I experienced an over abundance of signal loss. I grabbed two 7/16" wrenches and a ladder and went around the house tightening all connections. It fixed the problem easily, without waiting hours for an installer to locate and fix the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)