Server is VERY SLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah what the hell happened? I turned off all pictures and went to the beta PDA version and it is SLOW

Not 100% positive, but it really looks like the Talking Head is slowing down the server.
Too many people are listening to Scott's audio updates at the same time, I guess.

>shakes fist<

Damn you, Talking Heads!!

Take me to the river, drop me in the water
Take me to the river, dip me in the water
Washing me down, washing me down

It wasnt the talking head as the talking head is not on the server. (The only thing on the server for the talking head is the HTML code which loads the talking head)

I think the server needed a reboot. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
It wasnt the talking head as the talking head is not on the server. (The only thing on the server for the talking head is the HTML code which loads the talking head)

I think the server needed a reboot. :)
of course it is the talking head (and the lots of commercials - Google Ads etc.). Even if he's on another server. But he's loading all the time and that drops down the line of each single user.

Michael-Berlin said:
sorry ... I didn't knew that SatelliteGuys.US is a "Pay-Per-Read-Forum" :(
No it is not. But someone must pay the bills. Either forum supporters or the advertisers. Pick what you prefer. ;)

Ilya said:
No it is not. But someone must pay the bills. Either forum supporters or the advertisers. Pick what you prefer. ;)
I'm also the owner of a big forum and I also have to fight with high costs of traffic. And I also have donate buttons on my site. But I don't punish my members with thousands of banners all the time. And I'm endeavored to hold the costs low what means, I don't put videos or other things like that on my server. Sorry, but that is no argument.

Scott Greczkowski said:
If necessary revert the httpd config file.

scott, i have had no problems as far as speed here in pittsburgh pa......bob.

i guess when i posted my speed and all, i really was an idiot......who knew???

verizon dsl zip 15033 running windows xp pro thru hp pavillon 120g hard drive 512 mb ram, mcafee and norton are up and running.

scott, great job at the CES give matt collela a hug from me:rolleyes: :eek: :up and buy him a beer , send me the bill.

....bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)