Service Address changed back to Billing!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
Ok folks, anyone ever have their service address changed back to their billing address out of nowhere? Came home today to watch football and SURPRISE! My HD locals gone. still receiving my correct "moved to" locals, but the HD were no where to be found.

Online chat 5 times to get fixed. Each time given a different BS excuse. From needing a new dish to my service address was my billing address. Come to find out, yes, for some reason my Billing address was now my service address. I had not even contacted Dish since I moved months ago. If anyone cares here is a copy of the last chat I had...but the question is....has anyone had this happen before?

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided
(03) Sam D. P42: Hi Derek!
Derek Spudich: hi, not having a good experiance, this is the 5th time I have been in chat....keep getting disconnected
Derek Spudich: and something screwy is going on with my account....I just need my locals reauthorized I think.
Derek Spudich: i have the correct SD locals, san antonio, but no HD channels. I have a signal on the transponder they should be coming in on.
(03) Sam D. P42: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
(03) Sam D. P42: Could you please let me know what do you have on the TV screen?
Derek Spudich: I am on my Fox Chicago channel right now, its the HD "local" i have. I purchase it directly from american direct.
(03) Sam D. P42: As I understand you are getting HD locals from all American direct, correct?
Derek Spudich: i get ONE channel from them.. FOX chicago. other than that, until today for some reason, my normal locals are san antonio.....
Derek Spudich: now I still have my SD locals, but not my HD locals.
(03) Sam D. P42: As this is a technical issue, you need to speak to our technical department to get the issue resolved.
(03) Sam D. P42: Before I transfer this chat to our technical department is there anything else I can do for you today?
Derek Spudich: its not a technical issue, i just need you too reauthoriaze my HD locals, its nothing on my end.
(03) Sam D. P42: You have only one HD channel according to your zip code which is NBC .
Derek Spudich: really? well fix my service address. I did not authorize the change.
Derek Spudich: and I have not moved....
(03) Sam D. P42: May I know your service address?
Derek Spudich: its hasn't changed. its still the san antonio address. 6445 US Highway 87 E. Lot 15.
Derek Spudich: San Antonio, TX 78222
(03) Sam D. P42: May I know when did you moved to the above address?
Derek Spudich: Several Months ago....If you must know me and my wife are separated and I work up here. Not happy about it but its been like this for at least 2-3 months now...
Derek Spudich: my question is why someone is changing my account details without me changing anything? I am not going to come home and have to do this every few months...certainly on NFL championship sunday. I took off early for this.
(03) Sam D. P42: Please give me a minute while I change the service address.
(03) Sam D. P42: I am sorry we cannot make any changes on the account without customers authorization.
Derek Spudich: i AM THE CUSTOMER.
Derek Spudich: ?
Derek Spudich: someone changed my service address without my authorization....
(03) Sam D. P42: There is no changes made on the account.
Derek Spudich: ok well my service address has been the san antonio address i just gave you for months...someone obviously changed it if its the laredo one...it wasn't me.
Derek Spudich: and I still have san antonio locals at this moment! just need the HD's
(03) Sam D. P42: I have updated the new address on your account and locals.
Derek Spudich: for some reason they were taken off today. they were there last night.
(03) Sam D. P42: It takes 5-10 minutes to get changes on the account.
(03) Sam D. P42: What else can I assist you with?
Derek Spudich: ok. they just popped up. Thank you.
Derek Spudich: i would ask how they got changed but I will just be happy with the problem fixed. Hopefully it does not happen again.
(03) Sam D. P42: You're very welcome.
(03) Sam D. P42: Please do not worry it will not repeat once again
(03) Sam D. P42: What else can I assist you with?
Derek Spudich: no, thank you.

add a passsword to your account, to prevent tampering and accidents

I can't imagine anyone calling in and changing my address back to the billing address. This was something E* did on their own. If I add a password to my account, does that require dish to contact me to change the account in the future?

I can't imagine anyone calling in and changing my address back to the billing address. This was something E* did on their own. If I add a password to my account, does that require dish to contact me to change the account in the future?

No. Why on earth would you think a company can't change its own records because you put a password on it?

No. Why on earth would you think a company can't change its own records because you put a password on it?

having had troubles like this in the past add a password, it cant hurt and might help.

at worst it does no harm:) pick something easy like your first pets name.

someone with a similiar name and similiar account or phone number might be calling saying change my address back to billing. they moved and need a service call:)

therres doesnt get changed but yours does:(

Remember many reps arent even from our country, their first language isnt american english....

Yes, I will do that I suppose, just can't figure out why Dish would do this on their own. Just thought of it, I had a pub member of this site PM me asking if I was ever able to successfully move late last week. Had a small conversation with him about it. I assume that had nothing to do with it, but who knows. I would hope not. I will add a password to my account and hopefully will not have this problem in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts