Service Calls Under Warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I purchased an extended warranty when I bought my Toshiba 50HDX82 in January 2003.

Anyone know if warranties like that would cover cleaning lenses, etc?

Depends on the warranty and the wordin of the service request. A better suggestion for a product would be don't fix it if it ain't broke. On a rear projection set, if you have a smoker in the family screen cleaning is more of an issue than lens cleaning. Try to clean, using proper materials, the screen's exterior. if that doesn't resolve the problem call an ask for service because the picture is dim.

toto said:
Depends on the warranty and the wordin of the service request. A better suggestion for a product would be don't fix it if it ain't broke. On a rear projection set, if you have a smoker in the family screen cleaning is more of an issue than lens cleaning. Try to clean, using proper materials, the screen's exterior. if that doesn't resolve the problem call an ask for service because the picture is dim.

Thankfully, no smokers here (a lot of ex-smokers however).

Actually it still has a great picture, but there is a lot of dust due to three large dogs. I just thought it was something that had to be done now and then.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)