Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
129 down for anyone else?

EDIT: It has been confirmed. 129 is down.

DISH Network has modified the guides to remove most of the affected HD channels. Keep in mind that timers for those channels affected will no longer function, until the channels are restored (thanks glowrdr http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php/266485-129-Complete-Signal-Loss?p=2637587#post2637587 )

For those of you having issues getting to other channels, try these steps:

1.) MENU - 8 - 1 - Change "Channel Preference" to "HD & SD" - Click "Save" - Press "View Live TV" (on your remote.)

2.) Press MENU - 1 and select another channel (only SD channels will work on the majority of the channels at the moment.)

3.) If none of this works, try holding your "Power" button for 5 seconds or pressing the red "Reset" button (behind the door on the front-right of the receiver.)

4.) If this does not work, try unplugging your receiver for 30 seconds, and replugging.

5.) If this does not work, try pressing MENU - 6 - 1 - 1 - Click "Check Switch" - Click "Test." If it says something about less satellites, click "Save."

6.) If you did step 5, whenever SAT 129 returns, you will need to repeat step 5 and save the configuration again.

7.) If none of the above works, you may have other problems unrelated to 129's downtime.

Hope this helps.

EDIT2: Also, please refer to this post for more tips:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php/266485-129-Complete-Signal-Loss?p=2637563#post2637563

Thanks goes to Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales of the DIRT team for the extra tips.

Last edited:
Complete loss of signal!

Tried calling Dish and constant busy signal.
Anybody else having problems?

I imagin they are getting pounded by calls.... down for me too here in Virginia! I thought it was me for a moment but nope no signal at all! Aliens have knocked that Sat out of the sky!

it's out too for me on 129, just 129 at this moment, no loss of signal on 110 and 119 at this time. i wonder if it was a complete satellite failure or Sunspots, is it the time of year where sunspots affect satellites yet.

yep, DOA. Checked here first before heading out and grabbing the ladder, lol.

Hopefully it won't be down long and dish will give us some freebies for this!!!