SES-3 finally coming to 103W?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
LyngSat shows it on the move again, around 3W now.

SES1 is already there.....you mean SES3 going to 103W?

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that too.

I hope it does move there like it supposed too, according to their website(SES), that is what its final destination is. All I have dedicated to 103 with the funky skew is a modified Super dish and it comes and goes, it is really not big enough to do it. My 90cm gets it fine, but I have it on a motor for all the other Ku birds so I leave it like it is. Will be nice to have the motorized 90cm be able to get all the NBC feeds.

I got 103w with my slimline dish had the beach cams up running but my dish was at dead level 90 degrees skew.

Dan Rose

With the new Sat moving to 103w, lets hope a 6 footer will work for DW.

Doubtful that a new satellite would have any benefit to receiving DW on a 6' dish. DW, like all contracted broadcasters have a link budget that is calculated to provide a certain reliability and signal EIRP (signal level and quality) within specific footprints.

6 foot dishes are not 2 degree compliant and when aimed at 103w, they receive adjacent satellite interference from the 101w and 105w satellites. Larger dishes typically have tighter beam patterns and the adjacent satellite interference is attenuated. No replacement for a larger dish with tighter beam pattern.

6 foot dishes are not 2 degree compliant and when aimed at 103w, they receive adjacent satellite interference from the 101w and 105w satellites.

understatement there. Use to get 103W great until they put the satellite for C-Band at 105W a couple years ago. Then 103W went in the crapper. Real hard to get good signals on it

understatement there. Use to get 103W great until they put the satellite for C-Band at 105W a couple years ago. Then 103W went in the crapper. Real hard to get good signals on it
Unless your dish is a 6foot Hybrid. 6 foot Hybrid.JPG
Galaxy 16-2.JPGGalaxy 16-1.JPGAMC-1.JPGThe only Sat I'm having issues with is AMC 7 @137W but for the most part I'm happy with my 6 foot special.

ok just wanted to make sure ;)
I can get those ABC feeds on the 6 footer (the ones on 95W are easier to grab) but 103W just gives me fits.

Guess I need to move somewhere so that I can get like a 12 foot dish to put up :)

Hey, Iceberg, move to Klickitat county! You could put up a 12 meter dish. You can be unemployed here better than any other place in the USA! Solar or wind power, cold in the winter, HOT in the summer.....

With a 12 m dish, you might not have problems with 103W --- until the wind blows the dish to your neighbors yard - 5/8 mile away! (1 KM).

SES 3 is currently at 92.88°W as I write this. If it's going to stop at 103°W, we'll know within a week. Ultimately, I'm hoping that odd skew on the NBC feeds will go away.

I've read elsewhere that a supposed good source is saying the odd-ball skew will be gone with SES-3. Where are you monitoring the movement progress?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts