Please reply by conversation.

towerdude

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 1, 2010
SW COLORADO
Good Morning, anyone else lose weathernation and pursuit this am? Seem to
be getting other transponders on this satellite but that one is avoiding me.

thanks

never mind........

Just found out last night they turned off the satellite
and went ip based to their affiliates.......

Last edited:
Not just WeatherNation and Pursuit but also My Combat TV as well. Pretty much anything that was with the WeatherNation transponder location is now in the dark. WeatherNation was one of my favorites too. :/

Yes I too liked to watch Weather Nation...:(

Pursuit had some decent hunting shows that weren't "sanitized" for the PETA types. I respected that.

check out 3743 V 5000 S2/8PSK (SES-2)

not a very strong signal but it is back again ....
Weather Nation is not there but the scan includes the same as the old weather nation mux...
UT is playing, ICTV, Pursuit and My Combat are what is playing there now.

Last edited:
Running an infomercial right now, but I have Pursuit on C-Band @ 105W 3920 V 30000 5/6 8PSK

What's it scanning in as? I'm only getting $ channels, no FTA, one of which is ITC; BounceTV.

EDIT: I have it scanned in as $Ch-10.

Last edited:
What's it scanning in as? I'm only getting $ channels, no FTA, one of which is ITC; BounceTV.

I only have it on my HTPC running MyTheatre. It scans in as CH#10 no other info. there are 12 channels on that transponder, 4 ITC, EsTV #7, NUVO #9, Pursuit #10, and Bounce #14

You know my local station KCHF-DT, in Albuquerque TV's market carry Weather Nation in 720p but the video is crappy it's keeps breaking up thanks to IP mode.:(

I just wish they pick up C-band or KU-band feeds to use full 60 FPs format.

Weather Nation always looked to be 15-20 fps, a real choppy image from 87W.

I loved weathernation, at least it showed the weather unlike the weather channel that is more absorbed into reality shows then actually showing the weather

If you have at least a 10' dish

UT feeds
ICTV
Pursuit tv
and My Combat TV
still are up on SES-2 but at the new freq.

3743 V 5000 S2/8PSK (SES-2)

not a very strong signal .

The weather nation still scans in the mux but it is not there.

Weathernation is OK but the "local forecasts" are so outdated.....as example the one right now (11AM) is still from 6 this morning
Weekend ones are worse...There is one at 8AM then no update until 6 PM

You know my local station KCHF-DT, in Albuquerque TV's market carry Weather Nation in 720p but the video is crappy it's keeps breaking up thanks to IP mode.:(

I just wish they pick up C-band or KU-band feeds to use full 60 FPs format.

It never looked good. KYNM is packing KCHF, Weathernation, and 25 pounds of other stuff into a 2 pound bag on their OTA signal so everything is artifacty and poor quality.
Reminds me of the poor quality of watching the internationals on Galaxy 19! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)