Setanta Sports

Just uplinked to 110 slot for testing.

NOT AVAILABLE YET.

But I would guess it should be avaialble for subscription in July.

Well, as we know (e.g. InHD) upload doesn't mean it will eventually be carried BUT....this is extremely good news. At least we have a chance now.

Frankly, I know we BOTH have wanted Setanta for awhile (going back to the aborted discussions of last Summer/Fall). I have been quite skeptical about Dish carrying the channel but am glad to see I may have been wrong.

Let's hope this can be carried to fruition, and thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

=NLK=

Agreed .. and just in time for my ITVN subscription/commitment expiry.

:D
Yes, it's great news for everyone except ITVN - I wonder what percentage of their subscribers have Dish ? I assume that anyone who has Dish would be happy to:
- be able to DVR programs on Setanta
- not have Setanta suck up all their Internet bandwidth
- get better picture quality

How soon ? Any specific date in July? How much will Dish charge for watching setanta sports? thx

It is being tested on Channel 406 right now.

The programming department is keeping mum on exactly when it will be available and in fact, legally, I think they cannot tell anyone in advance.

I have heard that it should be within the next few weeks. Dish is aware of the European season starting in early August, so they wouldn't be testing it right now and then miss that date, because they would lose the advantage of adding it.

Note that Setanta Sports USA is $15 per month on every one of the other 3 systems that carry it, so it's likely that will be the cost. (Although some sort of initial signup promotion is possible, although unlikely.)

thanks a lot for the info. I know understand that 406 will be the official TP for setanta sports. Will we watch exclusive English Premiership games on this channel 406 or 455 (Setanta PPV) such as Liverpool or Chelsea or Man United or Uefa champions leagues? I mean how that works with Setanta. I missed most of them last season because of Dish's attitude toward Setanta , very few were shown by Fox Soccer but not enough to appreciate Dishnetwork's commitment to the customers who are TRULY fans of Premiership. Thanks again for the info, Kstuart!!!!

This is the soccer they carry:
Setanta Sports USA Channel [FONT=verdana, arial]presents [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE - Up to 4 matches each weekend - LIVE and EXCLUSIVE [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]UEFA Champions League, AFC Champions League, [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]French Ligue 1, Dutch Eredivisie, [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]Scottish Premier League, English Football League Championship, [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]English League Cup, MUTV, Chelsea TV, [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]International Friendlies, and much more. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]UEFA Euro 2008 Qualifying on Setanta Sports USA [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]- selected matches [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]UEFA Champions League on Setanta Sports USA [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]- selected matches [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]UEFA Cup on Setanta Sports USA [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]- selected matches [/FONT]
and this describes all the sports they carry:
PROGRAMMING:

Soccer: - English Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Euro 2008 Qualifiers, International Friendlies, UEFA U-21 European Championship, Coca-Cola Championship, Scottish Premier League, Asian Cup Qualifiers, AFC Champions League, Asian cup 2007, The Carling Cup, German FA Cup, French & Dutch League, UEFA Cup, FIFA World Cup 2010 Qualifiers with exclusive US rights to MUTV and Chelsea TV and more…

Rugby: - No other US TV network airs as much live rugby
Six Nations, Tri-Nations, Heineken European Cup, Guinness English Premiership, Super 14, Air New Zealand Cup, Powergen Cup, Rugby 7s, Summer/Autumn Tour, 2007 IRB U-19 World Championship, 2007 IRB U-19/U-21 World Championship, Currie Cup, Rugby League, Magners League and more…

Other: - AFL (Aussie Rules); Gaelic Football & Hurling; Horseracing and more…

Setanta Sports USA is going to be on Channel 406. (455 was the PPV channel, but the only soccer left on PPV is the F.A. Cup and England National Team matches)

PS It's on Transponder 6, and the only other channels on that transponder are PPV channels and (appropriately) an Ecuador channel and a Columbia channel.

Last edited:
It is being tested on Channel 406 right now.

The programming department is keeping mum on exactly when it will be available and in fact, legally, I think they cannot tell anyone in advance.

I have heard that it should be within the next few weeks. Dish is aware of the European season starting in early August, so they wouldn't be testing it right now and then miss that date, because they would lose the advantage of adding it.

Note that Setanta Sports USA is $15 per month on every one of the other 3 systems that carry it, so it's likely that will be the cost. (Although some sort of initial signup promotion is possible, although unlikely.)

Setanta will almost 100% be the exact same $15 per month that is on the other carriers. DirecTV was Setanta USA's initial carrier and Setanta's contract with DirecTV prevents them from offering the channel to other carriers for better terms than DirecTV gets. So $15 it will be... which I will gladly fork over ASAP.

What about that 2nd channel of Setanta programming whenever there were two important EPL matches going on at the same time? Will we get that perk as well?

Right, Setanta XTRA. Good point; however, I'd sign for just the one channel right now (let's not scare Dish away :)).

The second match is always shown on a delayed basis on the main channel so it'll always be available, one way or the other.

Given that a lot of the stuff I like (e.g. League, Conference hopefully) is on at odd hours I NEED the 622 to see it so I'm just holding my breath that this deal will go through.

=NLK=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)