Setting Hopper 3 recordings via start/stop times.

Rick_R

Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Simi Valley, CA
I need to set a recording on my Hopper 3 using a channel number and the start and stop times. I was able to do this on precious Dish Hoppers and other Dish receivers. However I couldn't figure out how to do it with my Hopper 3. Does anyone know how to do this?

This worked for two years but recently it would make the recording but couldn't play it back normally. The only way to play it back was to it the red button and go into manage recordings and select autoplay. However you couldn't stop and resume.

I called Dish and customer service said it was a bad Hopper 3. After paying shipping on a new one and spending several days copying everything to the new hopper. No change. I told customer service it was a software bug (I am retired after 47 years as a software engineer and manager).

That was many months ago and still not fixed. I have concluded the Hopper 3 software is buggy. Many times while watching and going back and forth in a active recording it just goes to current time. Also several other bugs.

Rick R

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)