Setting time for dtvpal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Seadoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
Just got unit and set it up. The time is off by 5 hr 10 with no apparent way of reseting it. Does anybody know how to do that? I set ZIP code and time zone and program guide came up but wrong time. A call to Technical CSR yield no solution since it was new to him and he didn't find it in the manuel either. Am I just missing it?

Well maybe so but why are there other DTVPAL threads here that havent taken your advice. By the way do you know the answer to the question.

Your PAL gets the time and schedule from the local CBS station. If they have the incorrect time then it will be all messed up. If you go to different channels does the time in the guide fix itself? I would call your local CBS station and see if they are broadcasting the correct time. Where i live the local FOX station broadcast the time about 11 minutes slow. so when i am on the fox channel the guide is all mixed up.

Your PAL gets the time and schedule from the local CBS station. If they have the incorrect time then it will be all messed up. If you go to different channels does the time in the guide fix itself? I would call your local CBS station and see if they are broadcasting the correct time. Where i live the local FOX station broadcast the time about 11 minutes slow. so when i am on the fox channel the guide is all mixed up.

Thanks for reply. I enter and re-enter zip code several times using the real one and the alternate one provided. After about the fifth try the time finally synced to real time. So far this thing is great. I was only able to get 3 channels analog with very poor reception. Picked up 10 crystal clear ones with the DTVPAL with many of the features of Dish. This thing is really far superior to others that I have seen.

Thanks for your input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts