Setting up a mobile satellite dish for the first time

That splitter and another cable that is connected to an input that says channel 21 -69 out go into a splitter that has the one coax cable from the satellite.
For clarity, is there one or two splitters?

When in doubt simplify. Just connect the dish coax cable to TV1 input with the other stuff disconnected.

Also, for clarity, did you get the Azimuth, Elevation and Skew from the receiver after changing the Zipcode?

There are 2. One for Sat 1 & sat 2 that then merges in with a cable for channel 21-69 out that the dish coax hooks up with. maybe I'm not using correct terminology.
Yes, I used settings for zip code here.

Dumb question, but are you using RG 60 cable and not 59? It seems like you have all set up to get a signal....

You mean RG6.

As I usually see it, the Separator (looks like a splitter) connects the coax cable from the dish to the Satellite 1 and 2 Inputs. Nothing else should be in there.

The 21-69 cable I am guess is the TV Ch 3-4 which is the connection for a second TV.

So either try the dish coax straight to satellite 1 Input or just the dish coax to the Separator to Satellite 1 & 2 Inputs.

Last edited:
There are 2. One for Sat 1 & sat 2 that then merges in with a cable for channel 21-69 out that the dish coax hooks up with. maybe I'm not using correct terminology.
Yes, I used settings for zip code here.
Is the dish LNB and tripod new? Does the LNB have a BLACK DP on it, it sounds like you have a DPP TWIN but if used it could be anything back to a LEGACY QUAD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts