Status
Please reply by conversation.

hansokl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
Atlanta
Hey guys,

I recently switched to Directv from Dish Network. I purchased an extra SL3 Dish to use for tailgating. I have the 21v power inserter and will be using this dish with my HR24 receiver. I have the dish on a tripod in my backyard trying to get it up and running to ensure it is working before I need it. I was originally getting the 771a error. I did some browsing and saw my issue was with using a surge protector/extension cord for the power inserter. I got past the 771a error but now getting the 771 error. I'm trying to determine if I am doing something wrong or dealing with a bad LNB.

I first turned on the receiver after everything was hooked up and it sat on searching for satellite signal (771) for over 10 minutes so I decided to go to the menu to see if I could pick up any signal.

I'm trying to locate satellite 101 (which I assume I need to find first) it goes through the transponder search and I get all zeros. I've tried both tuners and 99 and 103 as well as 101 but get all zeros.

I'm pretty sure I have the dish close enough to pick up some kind of signal. I understand I need to be @ Azimuth 211, Elevation of47, and tilt 67. I've moved the dish around (elevation & Azimuth) while going through the transponders search as well.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Maybe bad lnb?

Thanks guys!!:)

First, if you don't have a swm lnb, you need the bbcs. Okay, are you sure the mast is plumb? That's important. Double check your settings for the elevation and skew. Point the dish for azimuth and check for signal. If you don't have any, move the dish a little and let the signal screen repopulate. With a few adjustments you should get some signal on 101. One you get the numbers in the mid 90s then check 99 and 103. You should show some signal here, too. You may have to adjust the skew some by dithering, which is using the knobs to make changes. Most importantly, be patient!

First, if you don't have a swm lnb, you need the bbcs. Okay, are you sure the mast is plumb? That's important. Double check your settings for the elevation and skew. Point the dish for azimuth and check for signal. If you don't have any, move the dish a little and let the signal screen repopulate. With a few adjustments you should get some signal on 101. One you get the numbers in the mid 90s then check 99 and 103. You should show some signal here, too. You may have to adjust the skew some by dithering, which is using the knobs to make changes. Most importantly, be patient!

Thanks for the reply.. I do have a swm lnb but I'm not using a normal mount. Here is what I am using:

photo.JPG

Chip,
He should see a signal on the 101 regardless of the BBC's

I've tried two different lnbs and I was hoping they weren't both bad. Any other ideas?

That red line needs to be in the 47 for your elevation

I would like to say its because im tired but its only 9pm.. Wow.. never saw the line.. Was going off the nut. Thanks.. Getting upper 90s and a couple 100. Thanks again guys!:)

Yup, the elevation is way too high. I missed the 21v pi in your first post, so I should have known you didn't need the bbcs. Jimbo, I didn't mean to insinuate that he needed them to get anything on 101. Sorry for the confusion.

I would like to say its because im tired but its only 9pm.. Wow.. never saw the line.. Was going off the nut. Thanks.. Getting upper 90s and a couple 100. Thanks again guys!:)

On 99 and 103 too? Only 99c and 103ca and cb should have all high numbers. 99s and 103s are spot beams and only some will be high.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts