xrobbyrob

Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
I am trying to connect 4 receivers. They are:

ONE 625
ONE 510
ONE 2800/3700
ONE 3900

I have two satelites. the one currently connected is a confirmed 500Plus with a DP Twin LNB. The second satelite appears to be similar, but the LNB doesn't have a label, however it looks similar...but it might not be DP since it was used with the older LEGACY receiver models above.

Currently only 2 receivers are connected to the DP Twin. **the 625 and the 510** There is NO switch used to do this. I am told by DishNetwork that I'll need to buy either two dp34's or one dpp44 to connect the other two receivers as well as put up my second satellite (again I am not sure which LNB is connected to this satellite.

Question1: I have not found any setup information anywhere with two dish500 satelites both holding Twin LNBs. Will I need to replace one of these LNBs?

Question2: Can I not just connect the second satellite to the roof and plug the two legacy receivers (2800/3700 and 3900) to this satellite and NOT buy a switch?

I have no understanding as to why I need to buy a switch. Someone please explain. Currently the satellite feed is plugged into a Dual Ground Block. From that I have the 625 and 510 connected.

Thanks Much!

I am trying to connect 4 receivers. They are:

ONE 625
ONE 510
ONE 2800/3700
ONE 3900

Question2: Can I not just connect the second satellite to the roof and plug the two legacy receivers (2800/3700 and 3900) to this satellite and NOT buy a switch?

Thanks Much!

Yes, if it is a legacy twin. If it's not marked DP, it's legacy.
Dish frowns on this. (two dish)

Yes, if it is a legacy twin. If it's not marked DP, it's legacy.
Dish frowns on this. (two dish)

They frown on connecting receivers between two dishes without using a switch?

I'm learning more and more every day I research the best setup for my current use and future use, but I still need more info from a pro.

Question 1). I need to replace the LEGACY LNB on the second satellite with a DP ______ LNB **fill in the blank**.

I have a DP Twin on the satellite currently powering the 625 and 510, do I need a DP Dual LNB or Single LNB or another Twin LNB to connect the 3900 and 2800/3700? We have no HD programing.

Question 2). Then I need to purchase a DPP44 or DP34 (or two of them)?

I will eventually be replacing the LEGACY receivers with 625's. In the future I will have THREE 625's and ONE 510.

THANKS MUCH!

If you are trying to avoid buying a switch and are ok with two dish 500 dishes pointed at 110 and 119, then you can keep the 625 and 510 on one dish using a DP Plus Twin LNB and connect the two older receivers using a Legacy Twin (no markings other than the word DISH) on the other dish.

Your best bet is to buy a DPP44 switch, but the above configuration will do. Don't count on DISH sending someone to come out and put up a second dish pointing at the same two satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)