Setup Joey as Access Point

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mrlewp87

Original poster
Jan 24, 2014
Florida
I have a Sony Media streaming device in mstr. bedroom. It was doing ok on wireless, but wanted to try using the Joey as an AP. The Sony detected the SAGEMCOM 4320, getting an IP address, having it on auto-config. However upon testing, no internet connection was found. Subnet data was present I think(?), but noticed all 0's in the DNS area. Thought perhaps due to auto-detection on?
Going into the Hopper settings, and selecting Joey Access Points, none are found, despite there being an Ethernet connection now on the bedroom, to the Sony device.
BRIDGING is ON, in the Hopper's Network settings, and my Belkin home network is there, with a 100% Signal reading. Not using the Sgcm4320 for wireless!, and the Hopper is wired* to the Sgcm for Broadband.

There is some speculation that the second Ethernet port on Hoppers could one day be used for such. And there's talk about using a HIC "in reverse."

All this "HIC" talk, maybe 2 of them? Maybe "In reverse"?? I only asked about plugging into a Joey<< to access my subscribed-to ISP Internet. Seemed very plausible, since the Hopper IS tapped into it (techmo-slang there)... and, right there in the Hopper** Network settings, from day one I've seen since our upgrade at least a year now-
this selectable icon; "Wireless Joey Access Point" Sorry, but what's that mean?, as the Double Rainbow guy so eloquently asked.

All this "HIC" talk, maybe 2 of them? Maybe "In reverse"?? I only asked about plugging into a Joey<< to access my subscribed-to ISP Internet. Seemed very plausible, since the Hopper IS tapped into it (techmo-slang there)... and, right there in the Hopper** Network settings, from day one I've seen since our upgrade at least a year now-
this selectable icon; "Wireless Joey Access Point" Sorry, but what's that mean?, as the Double Rainbow guy so eloquently asked.

Wireless Joey Access point is used when you actually have a Wireless Joey, When you order a Wireless Joey you have to buy the Wireless access point for $50.00. The WAP connects the Wireless Joey to your network and also creates its own network. See http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/a-look-at-the-wireless-joey-and-access-point.338809/. OH. BTW you can connect your Joey Wirelessly using the adapter available from Dish. You can also use the ethernet port and connect it to the router

I'm not sure why I would need a wireless Joey, and initially asked about the Joey's Ethernet port as an OUT. Seems that I already have all the features and possibilities mentioned, with our Hopper and 4 Joey's. I'm using a spare router as an AP, and the DISH anywhere- well, there's your campfire TV / DVR access.
The point about connecting to a router, unclear whether that meant a regular Joey, a Joey AP, either? That may go toward answering- if we narrowly focus here; *** What is that Joey Ethernet port for? *** Am I correct that I could have used the Joey that's in the opposite end of our home, and connected it to the primary router there- rather than relocating that router To the living room, where our big TV and Hopper are? (For a wired web TV, wired Hopper config)
Hopper and Joeys are MoCA. Our wireless is an AP via LAN to LAN from a Sagemcom's 4320< it's wireless OFF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts