Setup Question

kevinkline

Aug 4, 2007
I am upgrading from 2-625's to 2-VIP722 running 4 TV's (2-HD & 2-STD). Is there any way I can add a new HD Receiver and keep the 722 as a duel tuner in my game room?

So 2-Vip722's

1-722 running in my game room as a pict n pict duel tuner.

1-722 running 2 rooms 1-HD and 1-STD TV.

Buy a vip211 for the 4th TV in HD.

Last edited:
Sorry. The Dish 500 is incorrect. They are upgrading my dish on friday. I am going from 2-625's to 2-vip722's. I'm looking what I can do to have HD on 3 of the 4 tv's.

The 722s have both HDMI and component output for HD and both are active simultaneously. You can use either of the HD outputs on one TV and the other on a second HDTV. Note both TVs will see the same programming simultaneously. That's about the only way to do 3 HDTVs with two 722s. If you add a 211 to the mix as you stated earlier, then you would have one 722 in single mode for one HDTV, a second 722 in dual mode for one HDTV and one SDTV, and a 211 for one HDTV. You can run the 722s in either dual or single mode at your whim, so even the 722 you want dedicated to a single HDTV can be cabled to another SD TV so that it can see things recorded on that 722 as well. When you want to control all the tuners, just make sure it's in single mode. With the HD HDMI and component outputs of each 722 and the TV2 SD output, there are lots of combinations possible.

Sorry. The Dish 500 is incorrect. They are upgrading my dish on friday. I am going from 2-625's to 2-vip722's. I'm looking what I can do to have HD on 3 of the 4 tv's.

If you can get a HDMI cable from one of the 722's to the additional HD TV and you can live with "mirroring" the same channel/same time (maybe the one in your game room?) you can do it without an addtional receiver. All the outputs from the 722 are "hot" at the same time. Hook up the HD TV that's by the receiver via component & RCA audio and the remote HD TV via HDMI. If you're gonna leave that game room TV in single mode you'd be all set. Otherwise you'd need to pick up another UHF remote to control the receiver from another room.
I have a 622 & 722 providing HD to 4 HD TVs. Get your cables from monoprice.com .Great prices and fast shipping. Hope this helps.

Ed

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did you get on the two 722's?

I also have two 625's and was considering upgrading to two 722's if possible.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts