Seven locals left on 105 sat

SSeitz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 4, 2006
Seven locals left on 105 sat??

Does anyone have information if/when the seven remaining locals on the 105 AMC sat will be moved to 110 or 119? In particular I am interested in the Dayton, Ohio locals.

Last edited:
Don't know it seems like a big waste of bandwith up there for both the 105 sat and the 121 sat. A couple of years ago they were supposed to be the future for all hd and internationals and now they are basically doing nothing. What a waste of bandwith with over 40 sd locals left to finish in the country.

SSeitz, just a little advise - if you asking, add that question mark to your subject. You thread topic is misleading :(.

BTW, you can check by yourself in that tables what I posted last week.

MikeD-C05 said:
Don't know it seems like a big waste of bandwith up there for both the 105 sat and the 121 sat. A couple of years ago they were supposed to be the future for all hd and internationals and now they are basically doing nothing. What a waste of bandwith with over 40 sd locals left to finish in the country.
That's what I was upset about....a had a thread here where someone said that they had all the HD channels on 105 and 121, but they were removed...He said they were not open to the public.

I'm interested as to what's going to happen with those few locals. The truth is (somebody will get upset and say it's not)that the Superdish was needed to comptete with DTV. In VA, they will have problems with line of sight, if they force them to swap to 129.

Maybe, they think, after a while, enough people will want HDTV and have a D1000 installed and the SD 105 taken away.

Think about all those locals that DTV added around the time the superdish appeared! E* did not want to loose customers in those areas because of locals...FSS was a quick solution.

They were also able to use this opportunity to add lots of international channels.

The only thing I hated was that, in some areas, people had to have 105 for locals and 121 for internationals....a big mess! Now, it looks like it's all been cleaned up!! If only 129 were in better shape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts