Several questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CLASSICDIRECTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2022
Shreveport Louisiana USA
1. Did the hopper 1 ever get updates to carbon?(if not, did they bring an update to remove media share?)
2. Are there any Ch’s that a hopper can view without service (just asking because I’ve always liked the info ch’s like dish101)
3. Is sat 72 required to download guide data?(Asking because I’m going to use a hopper and or hopper2 and don’t feel like running 2 cables because I’m going to be useing the hopper with ota and apps-All my hoppers/joeys are deactivated because I have no account)

4. Lastly dose the Wi-Fi adapter plugged into wired joey still work to connect a joey/super joey wirelessly?(reason is because I’m going to take the wireless adapter and use it on a joey because the room I’m going to put it in dose not have the option of a eithernet cable going to it.

1. IIRC - YES.
2. Yes there are shopping channels and a few others, mostly those that pay for being included.
3. ??
4. No, you must have a wireless Joey. I'm not sure the USB port on a wired Joey does anything.

2. Yes there are shopping channels and a few others, mostly those that pay for being included.
It depends on the model of the Smart Card in the receiver. Generally, receivers with a white G4 Smart Card or newer will not even give you access to the "free" shopping channels when deactivated. It is literally just the Dish info channels, "What's on Dish" slate channels with background music, and of course OTA channels if you have an OTA adapter connected. Receivers with a purple G3 Smart Card will continue to work for the "free" channels like you said.

4. No, you must have a wireless Joey. I'm not sure the USB port on a wired Joey does anything.
??? At the very least, the USB port does Bluetooth if you add a Bluetooth adapter. As far as connecting the Joey to the Hopper wirelessly with the USB Wi-Fi adapter, I thought for sure someone here ran a successful experiment doing exactly that.

As far as connecting the Joey to the Hopper wirelessly with the USB Wi-Fi adapter, I thought for sure someone here ran a successful experiment doing exactly that.
I have one which you sent to me, but I never tried it. I was waiting on the J4....

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)