SG-1 Fans

jbcheshire

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2005
West of the Mississippi
I thought I'd start a new thread to see how many people are still watching SG-1 and if they are happy with the changes in the cast...

I have been watching it for about 3 years now and am thoroughly hooked on it and SG Atlantis. I have them both set up on DVR and barely can wait till the next day to watch them.

I really enjoyed R D Anderson on the show, that is probably one reason I got started watching it. It is going to be hard to NOT miss him leading SG-1, but all things must change.. (unlike daytime soaps... :D ) I am looking forward to seeing what this next season brings for the show, and hopefully it will continue to be a mainstay on Sci-Fi...

I watch it also. RD Anderson will certainly be missed but in the season opener they seem to have found someone with his sort of personality ( I forget his name ). SG Atlantis is great. I like that they added Skinner.... I mean Mitch Pileggi. I have them both set to record every week along with Firefly

Will have to start watching again. I quit on the season finale of Atlantis and got doing other things.

Thanks for reminding me!!!

Still watching... when I first heard O'neal was leaving and Browder and Bridges were coming on board, was a little worried. But I watched it tuesday (worked last weekend as I am this) and was pleased... I think it might work... Did not watch Atlantis yet...Nor this weeks Sg1... only been in :35 ...

I miss RDA's involvement, but appreciate the way in which he has worked himself out of the series and understand his reasons for doing do.

I was also worried about the addition of Ben Browder (formerly of Farscape) to the cast but in thinking about it came to the realization that he is probably by far the best choice to fill the roll of "hunk-slash-hero-slash-resident smartass" (who knows, perhaps my wife will start watching now).

It usually takes a few episodes for new characters to hit their stride and after viewing episode two, I think the new cast members are running at 90%.

I particularly enjoy the dynamics that Claudia Black (another actor of Farscape fame) adds into the mix. I have rediscovered her as a wonderful comic "Jack Dalton" type (someone basically "good" but constantly following an opportunistic path and getting into trouble).

We still need a bit more of Browder yelling (as when he did in the season premier when Teal'k shot his gun off in the chamber).

I strongly urge those of you who are interested in seeing more of Ben Browder and Claudia Black to check out Farscape (all episodes are now available on DVD). A incredibly imaginative show (filled with a helium farting former ruler, a hot blue sentient vegetable priestess, a hotter grey general trouble maker, the ever hot leather clad Claudia Black, the ass kicking Ben "Astronaut in a far away galaxy", the towering Luxan Warrior and oh yea a few living space ships) from the Henson Company that came to an "all to early" end.

Can't wait for the return of Carter (Amanda Tapping was pregnant while filming most of this season) so we can see how she mixes in with the new group!

I am now current on the episodes and I must say that I have enjoyed those two new characters on SG1 (Claudia and Ben). I really get a kick out of her, Claudia's, interaction with Dr. Jackson! I find myself laughing out loud all of the time when those two go at each other.

Lou Gossett Jr.. wow... I didn't know that he was joining the show. I guess I will have to go over to scifi.com to see what's up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts