X-1 Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AJF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
I'll be going from Dish to Comcast when we move and I have a few questions:

Is there an OTA tuner ?
Can you combine 2 together so all TV's share the tuners/DVR's?
How much more do they charge for the second X-1?
Do they charge a fee for each of the client boxes?
Can you watch live TV on an iPad inside the house?
Anywhere on-line I can download a manual for the X-1?

Thanks in advance!

I'll be going from Dish to Comcast when we move and I have a few questions:

Is there an OTA tuner ?
No

Can you combine 2 together so all TV's share the tuners/DVR's?

Yes, X1 and xi3s, or RNG150. xi3 will use a tuner from the main hub X1. RNG150 has its own tuner. All will share recordings over MoCA.

How much more do they charge for the second X-1? that is market specific, usually the X one is about 1999 per month

Do they charge a fee for each of the client boxes?
Can you watch live TV on an iPad inside the house? Yes and that is also market specific, usually between 699 and $10

Anywhere on-line I can download a manual for the X-1? I'll get back to you and see if I can find one.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I recently had my RNG150's replaced by model PXD01ANI's. They say XiD-P on the bottom. Vast improvement over the RNG's. If you have a choice do not accept the older boxes.

Thanks! So at each remote TV you need either the xi3 or RNG150?

yes, or you can use an XG2, which allows you to pause live tv up to 25 mins or fast forward up to 25 mins as well or to live. No DVR functionality, yet. Comcast would like to eventually use for full cloud DVR one day. Keep in mind the XI3's or XID's are HDMI only.

I recently had my RNG150's replaced by model PXD01ANI's. They say XiD-P on the bottom. Vast improvement over the RNG's. If you have a choice do not accept the older boxes.

Absolutly agree. RNG150's lag a bit. XI3s and XG2s are much faster. Same with the Xg1 V3. Plus 6 tuners is nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)