Sg2100 moves backwards?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ditchy1

Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
north
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to set up an FTA system with a Twinhan 1025 DVB card, SG2100 motor and DVBDream software. My dish moves when I send commands, but it moves backwards. East/West are opposite to what they should be. It seems to move exact degrees, but the wrong way. I am at W72.0 and N45.0. I have input this into DVBDream in USALS but it allways moves opposite to which way I want to go.
I am probably doing something simple incorrectly. Can anyone help?

Thanks Guys if you can help

I don'[t know the answer, but let me make a guess...
Try entering your longitude as -72, or maybe 360-72 (288) and see what happens,,,

I tried what you suggested. The software won't accept minus values. Plus I tried all increments of 90 degrees with no luck. I must be doing something really wrong.

I think this post should be in the DVB PCI card section. I don't know how to move it though.

Is the motor shaft pointing up like a Stab perhaps? Just wondering if it could be upside down?
Bob

Hi Sadoun,
I definately put 45 North in Usals. I'm rally lost right now. Is DVBDream OK for pointing with the SG2100 and a Twinhan 1025 DVB card?
Thanks
Glen

My guess is the problem is with DVBdream, I tried it on a HH90 motor and gave up. Even in Diseqc 1.2 mode it was too unreliable. My hh90 and SG2100 work just fine with real stb's .
:(

I really enjoy playing with FTA on my PC, so that's why I was trying to eliminate the sat finding by hand. Is there any DVB software that works well with the SG2100?

I just use a pansat 3500sd to move the dish and have an invacom quad so the extra two ports that are not going in to the 3500 are heading in to the computer... just use a normal fta box to do usals in a setup like this and all should be well. You wouldn't even have to get a pricy top of the line fta box, just one with usals or 1.2 that can move the dish back and forth so that you can use that to move the motor and the computer to look up whatever tp you want, etc.

Hi Sadoun,
I definately put 45 North in Usals. I'm rally lost right now. Is DVBDream OK for pointing with the SG2100 and a Twinhan 1025 DVB card?
Thanks
Glen

Ok, then try to use 45 South (it could be a software bug) and see if that corrects the problem. :D

I have had problems with my DM910 (Sg2100 clone) with DVBDream.

My solution was to slave it to my Traxis 3500.

Traxis 3500 IF out to LNB in on my Twinhan 102G.

I don't watch the Traxis and the PCI card at the same time, so it works pretty well for me.

I've used DVBDream with a Twinhan and it moved the motor just fine w/ USALS. Double and triple check your settings. Try TSReader and see if it does the same thing on its USALS movement.

I have tried E/W/S/N etc. and haven't had any luck so far. I'll keep trying as I am quite determined :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)