Sharing programs over Ethernet

ts7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
IL
Does anyone know if there is a way to share recorded programs on a 722 with other 722(s) via the ethernet ports yet?

I wish my stream my shows to any of the dvr's in my house. You can do it with a replay so why can't it be done with a dish dvr?
How do you have DVRs that don't have access to the same programs as other DVRs in your house?

E* demo'd this early in the year at CES (i believe) but we haven't heard anything since. They were talking about a receiver that could stream to DLNA capable devices.

E* demo'd this early in the year at CES (i believe) but we haven't heard anything since. They were talking about a receiver that could stream to DLNA capable devices.

That's what I thought, but I was hoping maybe I missed an announcement and that something was getting ready to ship in time for Christmas!

Yeah, if you search for DLNA on these forums you'll see that Dish has been testing that stuff for a while.

Like Primus said, Scott saw a demo in January.

I believe he said at the time that we shouldn't expect to see this technology for at least a year, so maybe that's something to look forward to in 2010.

Did I say 2010? I of course meant 2009. Dish never ships anything behind schedule.

So 2011 is shaping up to be an exciting year--Darn it! I did it again!

Considering that Dish bought Sling, I would have to expect that "program sharing" over ip is in the works. But I am guessing that they won't do it until the 922 sling/dish hardware comes out.

No. Supposedly the 922 will be a a 722k like box, but with sling technology built into it. Aside from this sling info and that it will have a new user interface, I know nothing more.