Shaw Direct 605 & 630 receiver update

Added the spec pdf and the welcome guide pdf although the welcome guide has a few blank pages due to an error.

Attachments

• specs_e.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 306
  • welcomeguide_e.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 896
They will setup a service call if you request one. I told them I did not need one and they were fine with that, so they will just ship the receiver to me.

I never said they would lol, just to your Canadian address. Everyone that has SD equipment should know that.

What a shame that I just bought a 530 to try out the service and see if I like them (switching from E*). I have a Canadian address now and can ship there and pick up to hand carry back to Mexico. It will be interesting to see if the 630 is really a significant step up.

You've got me worried! Is the 530 that bad? I have a 722 VIP now and really like the STB.

Well it's not pretty! Do a google search on it and find for yourself, But there is good news. I bought a new 530 in February. My second. Compared to my first one it has been much more reliable and stable. I'm convinced, altough I have no proof, that something changed in the hardware or maybe the fact that they ship with the f6 firmware makes it a better machine.

But its not user friendly and it lacks 95% of the functionality of a 722. I would know I have both.

As far as picture quality - you've made the best choice. I'm in North Texas and reception is pritine.

P.S. Keep it well ventilated - My first one stabilized a ton when I added a laptop fan at the bottom and increased ventilation in my cabinet. That and upgraded hard drive to a 750GB. Amost perfectly stable actually maybe 1 reboot in over a year.

Good luck.

I just recently purchased a 630 and two 605 Star Choice (Shaw Direct) Receivers. I was using the larger grey 505 receivers on my TVs and the picture quality was far superior to the new 605 and 630s with component cables. I spent over half an hour with the second level technical assitance people through star Choice attempting to resolve the clarity problems I was experiencing on all my new receivers using HDMI cables. The short answer is that the tech apologized for the poor quality the new 605 and 630's were displaying (he noticed it himself) and offered to email me when the receivers would be upgraded in a month or so. I went back to the older 505 receivers and component cables whcih again gave me the BEST quality picture without blurry imagery and am returning the new receivers back to best buy.

I am using the HDMI output but for my 630s the picture actually is a tad bit better than what the my 530s and 505s were. I'm very happy with the picture quality from the 630. tg27 it sounds like you had some lemon receivers or some setup problem.

Same here. PQ with the 630 is better than the 530. Deeper blacks and richer colors. On HD at least. I don't watch SD.

[lang=fr]I already have a 605 receiver. How can I set recurring timers not only reminders and secondly, can I plug a Hard disk through a USB connection for recordings. If yes, can you telle me what brand of hard disk and how to do it.
Thank you[/lang]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)